Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

What did you do to your Passat today?

1M views 12K replies 1K participants last post by  khnitz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've seen this on many forums and it's always been a winner. Post up what you did to your car today. Add a picture or two that show what your did.

With that, I give you my addition, I polished my headlights.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

See less See more
#11 ·
What I did today was drive it to the store and back. LOL.

But on the way home I drove umm "quickly", and at one point punched it out at about 60mph and it literally snapped my head back violently, and flew past the car I was behind. This little bugger's got some balls! I've done this before and it seems that if I'm on the gas steady, and then let off for a second, and then stomp it, the turbo kicks in instantly - right in time with the kickdown (Tip) and BAM your off like a shot!
Does anyone know why it does this? Like what's actually happening? It seems like the DV slaps shut and the turbo's already spooled up or something.

#14 ·
I popped off the right front brake pads trying to track down a a squeal at 30mph and below. Goes away when I stomp the brakes. Turns out part of the backing on the inboard pad flaked off where it makes a ring around the piston. Filled in the gap with the anti-squeal goop. Hmph still wearing even too. It's a shame, I have 90K now and they have enough meat on them to go to 120k at least.

Reactions: cchief22
#25 ·
pulled some parts from it then put the tarp back over it and tighted the ratchet straps back up. next step is pulling the rest off of it and junking what remains, then drove my jetta to work to break in my new motor mounts :lol:

#30 ·
Ordered a new Glovebox from eBay - $30
Ordered new LED City Lights from SuperBrightLEDS.com - $23
Ordered an 8" antenna - $18

Scouring the web. looking for a W8 dome light, right read door panel in gray and a used vag-com cable.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I need a new Engine cover.. mine just split in 2.

#31 ·
Installed a LOC to replace the high-level inputs on my sub amp. Funny, the monsoon amp really doesn't like it if you use high-level inputs for your sub amp.

Headed to the local salvage yard today looking for a new center vent (side-to-side function broken), new antenna, and that little triangle-shaped grommet for the firewall where I ran my power cable through (the old one fell inside and behind the rubber firewall matt, impossible to retreive. Will most likely stop by the VW dealer to grab some bulbs for the new vents on the way home.

#32 · (Edited)
Underwent a comprehensive review of my P I S S@ IT: optimal running in last few years so I reviewed every listing in ebay.de for our
P I S S@ IT and all other traditional sites! Advisable only for those without issues or foreseeable P I S S@IT issues.

Continuing to do more than my fair share in resuscitating our feeble "economic recovery" over the last 12 mos:

Paid for Tinting; and New South Performance Indio Oil Pressure Gauge Kit.

EDIT: Noticed the abusive and undeserved biased and negative profiling PW Admin recent change under my screen name.
JaytheSnork's inability to intellectually answer honestly and logically any of our spats directly for all to see! speaks volumes.

As I learned very early in my life: There will always be people that are better.... and no one is always right. The sooner we realize that... the better. Envy and jealousy is a negative trait!

A review of ALL my posts will substantiate.

Yet another attempt by JayTheSnork to incite yet another issue:

These are the two threads that incited JayTheSnork to such vindictiveness vs being intellectually honest:
1)These repairs just keep coming,and coming,and coming,and..... - Passat World Forums
Moreover, our Moderator JayTheSnork overlooked the fact that the OP is 16 yrs old and his father paid in the last year for FIVE other repairs: Would you want your developing son to have misaligned priorities in life: EDUCATION vs that of working on cars!
what a difference a ski rack with no fairing makes on MPG! - Passat World Forums : JayTheSnork should
know better as a mod than post a thread when it's so subjective: MPG! with godzillion variables!

A review of ALL my posts will substantiate.