Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8653 Posts

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,170 Posts
Checked it's fluids and filled them up. Did a vag-com scan and re-enabled the beep sound when the locks are armed and also turned on the indicator lights when unlocking and locking the car.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 3M Industrial-grade polish. I forgot what it's called exactly, the bottle is pretty non-discript. The magic was in using this:

·
Registered
12,063 Posts
Detected a slight chemical smell through the vents, and climbed around under the hood trying to decide if it was residue from the engine cleaner I'd used, or yet another oil leak.

·
Registered
631 Posts
put in APR ECU a week ago, bought boost gauge but can't find a hole to put the hose through the firewall -.-

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
What I did today was drive it to the store and back. LOL.

But on the way home I drove umm "quickly", and at one point punched it out at about 60mph and it literally snapped my head back violently, and flew past the car I was behind. This little bugger's got some balls! I've done this before and it seems that if I'm on the gas steady, and then let off for a second, and then stomp it, the turbo kicks in instantly - right in time with the kickdown (Tip) and BAM your off like a shot!
Does anyone know why it does this? Like what's actually happening? It seems like the DV slaps shut and the turbo's already spooled up or something.

·
Administrator
23,353 Posts
I popped off the right front brake pads trying to track down a a squeal at 30mph and below. Goes away when I stomp the brakes. Turns out part of the backing on the inboard pad flaked off where it makes a ring around the piston. Filled in the gap with the anti-squeal goop. Hmph still wearing even too. It's a shame, I have 90K now and they have enough meat on them to go to 120k at least.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Drove 55 on the freeway to see what the mpg display would tell me. Best I could get was 32.1. Maybe less in real world. Boy that was painful.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Replaced passenger side DRL and bought a 24mm socket to remove sending unit so I can T off and add oil pressure gauge. (And probably add boost gauge while I am at it.

1 - 20 of 8653 Posts