Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Well, since you asked.

Friday morning there was a stolen car abandoned in my driveway, on the side w/o snow, so we had to figure a way to get it towed, because all the NYPD did was give it a ticket... IN MY DRIVEWAY. (BTW no plates, and probably stripped of its nice stuff) I'd hate to be that car's owner.

On my way back home from school I got stuck on the shoulder of I-87. My girlfriend and friend then walked a couple miles to the nearest store to try to pick up some oil.

A State Trooper then pulled up behind me and told me to get my car off the highway. (I was trying.)

I then had to get my car towed 1 mile, which cost me $63.84. The tow truck driver was a prick. The ride was fun.

After the driver dropped me off, I had to get it now towed to my house. My friend sat in the back of my towed car.

I then cut my leg trying to get between my car and the truck to get the drivers' emergency lights off my trunk.

The rest of the weekend I watched my dead car sit in the driveway.
-----------------

Your site is pretty effing cool though. I hope that I one day get off my ass and decide to do half the hiking and site seeing you do.

Are all those places in NY?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I did a recruiting gig for my company this weekend at a national business fraternity convention... boy are college kids pricks these days. First, they don't know how to make a resume look good and then they don't even have any experience in the area they want to go into. I was there representing the I/T dept at my company and there wasn't even any MIS or CIS kids there. I had one kid from Texas Tech tell me that he was probably going to go to law school unless we could pay him more than he would make out of law school. I told him to decide then come back with a resume that backs up what he wants to do, doesn't have any spelling errors ("perequisits"), and has an email address that is semi-profesisonal ("[email protected]*******.com"). Lil prick...with that attitude, he'll be lucky to work at McD's as a fry tech...

On Sunday, I had a soccer game in the 36 degree weather we've been having down here. The other team only had 9 players and they tied us. My team played like crap...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PRoJeKV6 said:
Well, since you asked.

On my way back home from school I got stuck on the shoulder of I-87. My girlfriend and friend then walked a couple miles to the nearest store to try to pick up some oil.

The rest of the weekend I watched my dead car sit in the driveway.
-----------------

Your site is pretty effing cool though. I hope that I one day get off my ass and decide to do half the hiking and site seeing you do.

Are all those places in NY?
Sorry for your troubles. God knows that I have had my share of car-related fiascos. Usually the problems start AFTER the car is dead in my driveway, and half apart...

All the places on the link I gave are in NY, but I hike all over the northeast. The adirondacks are by far my favourite however.

more:
www.percious.com/hiking

-percious
www.percious.com

·
Registered
660 Posts
Too cold out this weekend- stayed indoors and installed recess lighting in the living room. 4 down spots and a directional spot above the fireplace. A little challenging as there are bedrooms above, but everything is working and only (2) 4 x 6 wiring access holes to patch.

·
Registered
549 Posts
sat home all weekend with the flu,and to top it all off friday night I coughed and threw my back out,WTF!!!,so needless to say everytime I coughed (which was quite alot )Igot shooting pains through my whole back,yea....great weekend

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I finished my flexy rack.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
^^ nice tat

I went down to A.C. on saturday night. We forgot it was a holiday weekend so Caeser's and Bally's (where we went -- not my favs but it wasn't my choice this time) were absolutely packed. Lost money and got back around 5:30 sunday morning.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
I drove from Charleston WV to Morgantown WV in the snow Saturday morning because my oldest daughter was playing in a high school honors orchestra event at WVU. Slowest I went was 50 on I-79, but passing was a bitch because mostly only one lane was "open." Glad I got those new tires. The sun came out and the drive home was a breeze though.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,691 Posts
On Friday found out I don't have a job anymore. Went to a bar and got drunk with co-workers.

Went running on Saturday (10*F) felt great. Then went to a funeral. Spent most of the evening watching the olympics.

On Sunday climbed up on the roof to see all of the wind damage from Friday's storm. Many shingles missing. Changed the oil in my wife's '02 B5.5 wagon. Watched more olympics at a friend's house, had dinner, and drank some burbon.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
got in a fight with my parents and decided i think its time i move out, I then got my DSL taken away and i am now currently on dial up. Life Sucks.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i drank alot of pbr on friday night and blacked out. on saturday i spent all night trying to get my friend out of jail (hes a dumbass), and sunday, i just did a little driving around the back roads. slept in on monday (no school) and went to work

1 - 17 of 17 Posts