Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am looking to upgrade from my stock deck and woundering what would be the best deck for me to get around $200? I have the Green interior lighting, and I need a deck that will match. TIA!
~Mike :b5:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to a local audio shop yesterday, and I decited on an Alpine deck. But the place wanted $35 for parts and $45 for install! Is this a rip off or a good price?

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
That's about average for an install. You need a $15 harness and a $20 antenna adapter. $45 for 1 hour of shop labor is average for the Sacramento area is average as well. Where did you go?

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its called Audio Express, on Laguna Blvd. It's in the shopping center with Chilles and Surf N Skate.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
DO NOT let Audio Express work on your car. I've fixed WAY too many of their installs to recommend them. Besides, they're "Home of the $1 Installation", why are they charging you $45?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think these two places have the same name. I have heard bad stuff about the 1$ install place. The place I went too installed a deck in my friends Golf, and did an awsome job. How hard would it be to install my own deck?

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
I can't see why anyone would want to name their store after a hack shop like AE, but as long as it's not the $1 rip-off you should be ok. The install is VERY easy. Old radio comes out. You butt connect the HU harness to the Metra harness and plug it into the HU and car. Connect the antenna adapter and push it all back in. Easy. If you want to get the parts together I'll do it for you. You need a Metra 70-1784 and a Metra 40-VW53 and some 18-22 gauge butt connecters (the red ones) and that' it. It won't take more that 30-45 minutes from drive in to drive out. Let me know.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, I will send you a PM once I get the deck and all the parts!
~Mike :b5:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
2 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing