Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of new pads soon and I am wondering what brake pads and rotors are everyone running or recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
Depends on application (Every Day Driving, Street Performance, Track). Most I think are running Mintex Reds or PBR. Hawks are also very nice but you have to work them a little harder IMO to truly get the best performance. Some are also running Pagid pads... Really there are bunch of reliable pads. The Mintex Reds produce less dust then normal pads.

As for rotors.. Again it depends... Lot of guys are running Zimmerman X-drilled rotors, others are running X-drilled and slotted (I currently have AutoTech Xdrilled and Slotted on my ride right now). They look cool but I don't think they really perform all that much better than a plain solid rotors. Better pads is the key IMO!!

Now if you want to go all out you can get a Big Brake Kit!! This is my next mod!!!

So like I said in the beginning... It depends!!

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Bda10889 said:
I am in need of new pads soon and I am wondering what brake pads and rotors are everyone running or recommend? Thanks
It depends on what you are looking as far as performance. I highly recommend Ate Powerdiscs up front with plain-faced rotors in the rear running PBR/Axxis Deluxe Plus or Metal Master pads. This is a modest braking upgrade and runs very well on our Passats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing