Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, after a dinner of sushi, the wife to be and I hit the local liquor store and picked up more sake.

Little bit of hot sake and Club B5...

You?

PS. Picked up 4 bottles of red wine and the sake for 26 bucks. I ain't no wine snob (plus the store has bad ass prices and gives cash discounts).

·
Registered
709 Posts
I wanna get me some of this:
http://www.internetwines.com/rws24586.html

pretty mucb because of the bottle. I've never tried Sake before... well, I did once back when I never had a drink of anything before in my life, so I don't really remember it all that well, but I know it wasn't bad at all.

My beverage of choice is a Kamekazi... Vodka, Triple Sec, and Lime Juice. But if it's beer... toss me a Pabst, St. Pauli's, or a Rolling Rock.

oh yeah, if anyone out there is looking for a new liquor or anything to try, scope out www.internetwines.com first. I've been checking their site for half a year now, they got everything... unfortunately, my local liquor stores don't.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Coffe from the Irving close to my college that i picked up on the way and man does it ever suck :puke:

i dont drink alcohol on the week :suspicio: :crazy:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
a double guinness. mmmm. went nicely w/ the 2lbs of steak i grilled up. ahh, steak for dinner, left-over steak for dinner tonight, steak for lunch, steak for dinner that night. sorry for straying.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm drinking a Mountain Dew right now, but had to brag that this past weekend I drank some phenominal belgian beers @ Monk's Cafe in Philadelphia. Duvel, Chimay Blue, Rochefort, St. Benardus, Corsendonk

At the same time, I still love a good Guinness, so :thumbup: to Medrosje!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
mmmm - love the sake. My aikido sensei also owns a traditional japanese restaurant - i've tried several really good sake brands in there - always chilled with the good stuff. ;) Unfortunately, many of the brands he has aren't available at the local liquer store. :cry:

currently I have a bottle of this at home (tentaka kuni):

Johnny B: if you ever see this stuff in the store (sato no homare), pick up a bottle - its pretty stinkin' expensive at $43/750ml.... but well worth it. serve chilled!

If there is no sake around, I go for the local brew -- preferably ales. usually starting at about a pale ale and working my way darker.

Otherwise, I'll have some wine. Reds: cabernet, merlot, pino noir, shiraz, and some blends of those.

Currently I'm enjoying a piping hot cup of gemmai-cha (green tea with toasty brown rice bits in it). I mean, c'mon - I'm at work! ;)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
gig103 said:
I'm drinking a Mountain Dew right now, but had to brag that this past weekend I drank some phenominal belgian beers @ Monk's Cafe in Philadelphia. Duvel, Chimay Blue, Rochefort, St. Benardus, Corsendonk

At the same time, I still love a good Guinness, so :thumbup: to Medrosje!
Excellent Bar... Great beer choices! A great Belgian joint in the Art Museum area is called Cuvee Notre Dame. Check it out.

Cuvée Notredame

1701 Green St.
Philadelphia, PA 19130

Another FINE Beligian brew is La Chouffe.

I have two of the glasses too! (came free with the bottle)

Had a bottle of that Saturday while playing 'hold em' with my friends. Oh.. and I won three games in a row tourney style. Not a lot of money. We had 5 people and played the first game at $30 a piece and the second 2 at $10. So I won $200.

The Chimay with the red label is much smoother than the one with the blue... Excellent choices regardless Gig! :bow:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts