Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

What are the lowest springs for the b5.5?

6K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  besthaticouldo 
#1 ·
i dont know why but im having trouble finding what springs would be the lowest for this car.
ive looked through a lot of the low threads and it seems the same springs look different on different cars as far as how low they put the car.

so which ones are the lowest?
and where to find them?
thanks

#10 ·
ive had coilovers on about 6 different cars now and well the passat just isnt going to get the treatment that those other cars got.
springs will suffice for now and if i run into some money ill get to do some other things.

do flame suit warnings still exist? thought that was a poortex thing where the kiddies play

#12 ·
My Vogtlands own any other, in terms of spring only lowering. They are WAAAAY lower than those FKs. I can't even get my car aligned with them on...lasers won't connect (gotta do it the old fashion way). ^ Matt knows..I could barely get the jack under my car when we swapped wheels.

current 17s

old 18s

#18 ·
And it's not $1000 to spend on lowering your car, it's $1000 to make your car handle MUCH better than it used to. Sorry but springs on stock struts ride terrible compared to coils. And coils go lower so the money is well worth it to me, the fact that it's one of the biggest differences you can make to your car to make driving it everyday on the street that much more fun.

#19 ·
you just forgot one minor thing, lowering a passat that much actually makes it handle worse than stock, that is stock with good shocks not blown or old ones.

#22 ·
Yeah I know...I deal with it everyday :) But I've ridden in cars not as low as D and I and the ride is amazing. Also been in a car with just springs and it's :puke:

They don't ride worse than stock suspension...trust me. I just put my car back on the stock springs for winter and the ride is shit compared to how it used to be. Body roll is crazy.
Yeah I know it's better than stock. Obviously, but all I'm saying is it's worth it to me and many others to buy coils b/c the ride is WAY better and you can go lower, so in the end the money is always worth it.

#23 ·
Listen this is simple....

Putting lowering springs on a stock shock is like putting KY on your fingers and using your penis to do you know what...

IT will handle like crap, feel like crap...

Vogtlands are lower than FKs. Do yourself a favor and save some extra money for coils or blistein shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.