Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Lifetime LED H7 assemblies and the company stated that there are "adapters" on Amazon so I bought a set and they do not work--it looks like they are for something else.

Anyway, who has installed LED lights in their B5.5 Passats, what did you use, and are you happy with the upgrade?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Hate to answer your question with another question, but...
Which brand and model H7 LED's did you buy? That will help a little bit on figuring out what you may or may not need to make this work.

As a side note:
I was going to put LED's on my car but ultimately decided to go with HID's. It's still brighter than the LED lights and the night time driving experience is night and day difference, literally.
I used the XenonHID's kit with 5000k bulbs. One of the best mods I've ever done to my car.

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,189 Posts
OK, I looked at the LifetimeLED web page. It would appear the LED assemblies flange approximates that of an H7 lamp; it should go right in and be held by the standard clip. The plug similarly looks like it should go into the standard connector. Am I missing something? Have you asked LifetimeLED for help?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also installed led but it did work so well for me on the projector. I had led in both the driving and bright light. I remove the led from the projector and installed hid. the original clips did not work so I use hot glue to keep the bulb in place. if I need the replace the bulb I just peel off the glue

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,309 Posts
If the base is an H7, cut the clip on one side only and fit it around the bulb base. Then twist it in like normal. That's what we do with HID.

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,309 Posts
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm in the market for aftermarket HIDs for my new ride, a C5 A6. Are those DOT approved? (I posted about it on Audi World but haven't heard anything yet.)

I do a lot of mountain road driving and my halogens just don't cut it. I'm either going to hit a deer or get rear ended because I'm driving slower than traffic so I won't hit a deer.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
I'm in the market for aftermarket HIDs for my new ride, a C5 A6. Are those DOT approved? (I posted about it on Audi World but haven't heard anything yet.)

I do a lot of mountain road driving and my halogens just don't cut it. I'm either going to hit a deer or get rear ended because I'm driving slower than traffic so I won't hit a deer.
As long as the headlight assembly has a projector in it, then it is DOT approved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.