Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
What upsets me most, is that I trusted him for even a moment and that I no longer trust Colin Powell. They had me convinced that the rest of the world was wrong since they had all of this evidence against Iraq.

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
Try to find another country that thought he didn't have them. Saddam did an outstanding job making himself look like he had and was obtaining them. The world just disagreed on how to handle it.

Sharky: Great link..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
J-RAD said:
Let's be clear. Iraq was not a new war. It was the resumption of hostilities.
Then if we invade Mexico it is 'resumption of hostilities'? That's a reach. Iraq wasn't a war to begin with...

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
So are you saying it wasn't a resumption of hostilities? We've been there all along. Enforcing no fly zones, etc... We stopped actions based on a number of defined items. We resumed hostilies largely based on the failure to adhere to that defined criteria.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
91 16V Jetta said:
http://www.flashbunny.org/content/misled.html
Good god...how ridiculous! :crazy:

That site was just plain stupid propaganda. Nobody disputes that Iraq "USED TO" have WMDs!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I went to this site ,http://www.ericblumrich.com/ clicked on the Al Gore link on the right side of the page, fast forwarded 12 minutes into the conference and was rewarded with an amazing talk on the politics of fear. He spoke for an hour and was quite convincing. We were told Iraq had wmd(whatever that means) watch the Gore speech, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince anyone of anything. We are in serious trouble as a nation.

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
Spirare said:
J-RAD said:
Then if we invade Mexico it is 'resumption of hostilities'? That's a reach. Iraq wasn't a war to begin with...
Last I checked we're not patroling over Mexico and getting shot at while doing it for the UN. Still think it's a reach?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Urlik said:
Spirare said:
J-RAD said:
Last I checked we're not patroling over Mexico and getting shot at while doing it for the UN. Still think it's a reach?
cops patrol NYC all the time - and get shot at. is THAT a war?

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
linux-works said:
Urlik said:
Now we can define a reach. Nice job linux, thank you. A complete apples to oranges comparison. Remarkable, even for you. :wink: :p

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
J-RAD said:
linux-works said:
Urlik said:
Spirare said:
J-RAD said:
Now we can define a reach. Nice job linux, thank you. That is a complete apples to oranges comparison that has nothing at all to do with the issue at hand. Remarkable, even for you. :wink: :p
you know me, ALWAYS glad to help out.

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
We do know you. lol :thumbup: But couldn't you have found a way to use the drug war instead of just NYC cops? :wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
15 Participants
VWGUY4EVER
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing