Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Lisa Simpson
Joined
·
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed out to Wendy's for a grilled chicken sandwich. I love them and since mayonaise makes me barf, Wendy's and Chik-Fil-A are the only ones I can eat without having to special order. My inner voice kept saying "get the combo! get the combo!" So, because ignoring my inner voice frequently gets me in trouble, I listened and substituted a baked potato for fries.

Thank God!

I don't know what the hell they gave me, but it sure wasn't a Grilled Chicken Sandwich! It was a grilled chicken breast fillet, but it wasn't seasoned and had some nasty flavored mayo on it with red onions. GROSS!!!!!!!!!

So I ate the chicken breast and half the bun - thankfully the lettuce slice was big enough to keep the mayo crap on one side of the sandwich and off the CX. Then I feasted on the potato. But I am disappointed. I miss the honey mustard sauce. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,095 Posts
I always special order. I only go to places where this is easy and possible.

plus, if you special order, you get food that isn't sitting there a while (inside secret) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,281 Posts
No, you'll just have fat kids.
Are we forgetting about moderation? Sheez. One Happy Meal a week or every other week is not going to turn my kid into the next Michilen man. It is like telling my a beer a week is going to turn me into an alcoholic. :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
Damn, I must be fat, then, because I have eaten at fast-food places since I was a kid! My parents are evil!! I'm evil, too, because I still do it!!! Somebody help me with my problem!!!! :p

Just because someone goes out to eat on occasion doesn't mean they do it all the time. Can you guys honestly say that you've never had any food outside your own house? (Not that eating at home has to be any more healthy than out.) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
Anything can make you fat or kill you if you eat/drink too much of it. People need to learn to moderate what they eat and take responsibility, instead of just blaming fast food companies because they can't control themselves :roll:.


Anyway, Wendy's is usually pretty good! I'm kind of surprised, oh well. For all your New Englanders, did ya hear that Wendy's might buy out Bess Eaton and make them Tim Hortons? :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
sentraSR20 said:
For all your New Englanders, did ya hear that Wendy's might buy out Bess Eaton and make them Tim Hortons? :wink:
Does Tim Hortons have evangelical coffee cups, too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
atomicalex said:
I headed out to Wendy's for a grilled chicken sandwich. I love them and since mayonaise makes me barf, .....
:D My wife is the same way, only worse....much worse. If mayo has touched the bread, she won't eat it. She has to special order anytime we stop at one of these places, so it makes for an ordeal. We have a Chick-Fil-A 2 blocks away, so that's cool. Wendy's is our main stop on a road trip. And we force our kids to eat it too....
:roll:

I have taken sandwiches back to the shop (yes, after driving them home) because there is, or was, mayo on it.

Don't even mention pickles...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
my friend just got a piece of glass in his burger. broke his tooth in half. wendy's would do anything about it so he went on the local news yesterday, maybe that'll teach em. (to eat at wendy's i mean)
mmmmmmm.... biggie glass chips.
at least it wasnt his little daughter that chewed it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,418 Posts
Speaking of mayo, the older i get, the more i like it, I can just about smack a tube of Subway's mayo nozzle first into the counter and shoot it straight into my mouth.

Hows that for a pretty picture Kathy? :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,095 Posts
Holicow said:
atomicalex said:
I headed out to Wendy's for a grilled chicken sandwich. I love them and since mayonaise makes me barf, .....
:D My wife is the same way, only worse....much worse. If mayo has touched the bread, she won't eat it. She has to special order anytime we stop at one of these places, so it makes for an ordeal. We have a Chick-Fil-A 2 blocks away, so that's cool. Wendy's is our main stop on a road trip. And we force our kids to eat it too....
:roll:

I have taken sandwiches back to the shop (yes, after driving them home) because there is, or was, mayo on it.

Don't even mention pickles...
LMAO!

I'm the same way, truth be told. I won't touch mayo.

or onions. hate em hate hate hate.

I know - really makes things hard sometimes - especially at company lunches when the pre-build all the sandwiches ;)

THAT is what bush should be pushing for - all sandwiches should come plain and YOU should be the one to add ooze to it. ooze only to be added by final consumer ;)

not everyone likes ooze. or the same ooze. or ANY ooze at all.
 

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
Joined
·
13,138 Posts
1.8tbeout said:
my friend just got a piece of glass in his burger. broke his tooth in half. wendy's would do anything about it so he went on the local news yesterday, maybe that'll teach em. (to eat at wendy's i mean)
mmmmmmm.... biggie glass chips.
at least it wasnt his little daughter that chewed it.
OWWWW :cry:
That would hurt :p
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top