Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a line on an alloy to match the fugly ones on my Rabbit. They are just nasty, but apparently are now all the rage among the MkI crowd because they are rare and only came on cars shipped from Germany for a short time. They are called "early factory sport alloys", although the name "Montreal" has also been floated as a possible id. I told Steven that this was a good thing because an alloy spare is very desirable.

Just for kicks, I headed out to the garage and took a peek in the spare tire well. Yup, I had never checked. Never bothered to see if there was even a wheel in there. :oops: I figured it would have a donut.

What do I find but a mint alloy! Seems that VW has not always been so stingy with the nice wheels. Ah, the good old days. So soon I will pick up a 6th one in case of disaster and I will continue to roll on my ugly but cool wheels. I'm not sure which ones are worse - these or my Adelaides. Both suck to clean.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
thats the thing rare wheels are not always the nicest ones, nut i like the rare factor, makes em Übercool :thumbup:

should post some pics i am sure i know what the y look like.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Hey, my Passat came with 5 alloys, but I traded the alloys for steelies since I ordered 17's the day I bought the car. Guess what, the dealer left the spare, so I still have one adelaide :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts