Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

i found a newspeed store in mtl and they quoted me a price in CDN$.

it is a newspeed chip 0.8 bar pn# 64.10.45 $450 installed.

is this a good chip and price? will i need a diverter?

anybody else have experience with this chip?

thx!

car: 98 passat 1.8t

oh yeah, i asked them to put in a intake and they said they don't have anything for a 98 passat. how can i put in a intake for my car???

please help!!

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
sorry, i'm not familiar with the CDN/US exchange rate. the neuspeed site quotes $199 US, so i'd say that's a little high perhaps. http://neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=55|B5&type=11&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=104

you can use the audi TT diverter from www.drewparts.com and get 20% off being clubb5 member. needing that is dependant on mileage, probably worth doing. a lot of people suggest skipping the TT valve and get a nicer Forge or similar. most people use a drop in air filter rather than than a full open air.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
The Neuspeed chip is only $200 for non-DBW cars - not sure what year your car is so don't know if you've DBW or not. I don't know the exchange rate either but you can get a Wett chip for $300 USD or an UPsolute chip for a little more than that without sending your ECU out.

Canada UPSOLUTE Quebec, QC
Martin Turcotte
Montreal, Quebec
Canada phone (514) 578-4272
cell. phone -
e-mail [email protected]
homepage http://upsolute.com

I've got the Upsolute chip in my 99 and couldn't be happier. The install takes less than 2 hours and its instant gratification. :thumbup: Check out the Upsolute site for info/specs regarding performance gains specifically for your model.

Regarding air intake, the intake on the B5 is pretty good already so I'd recommend just getting a K & N drop in filter OR maybe removing the slush screen. I am still running the stock DV in my car (its got 83k miles) but will be putting in the TT DV this weekend along with upgrading vacuum lines. It hasn't been an issue really but I figure for the $30 that it cost a Drew Parts, its probably worth it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
99blackmagic said:
sorry, i'm not familiar with the CDN/US exchange rate. the neuspeed site quotes $199 US, so i'd say that's a little high perhaps.
At this moment, US$199 is CDN$264, so I'd guess a Canadian MSRP would probably be $299, so there'd be an extra $150 from somewhere. I think often installation charges are included in the prices, but in the case that the less-expensive chips do have separate installation fees, that still seems a bit much for how little time it should take.

Hopefully a Canadian member can chime in, though, since those of us down here can only take guesses. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts