Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was left over from last year on my local Subie lot and it had 9 miles on it. I test drove pretty much everything from Acura TL, Ford Mustang GT, Mazdaspeed 6, VW Passat/Jetta/GTI, Pontiac GTO, Honda Accord, BMW 3-series, and on and on and on.

Anyway, I didn't find anything I liked even remotely as much as this plus I got a helluva deal on it. On top of all that, the Subie folks were wonderful, they let me take it home overnight without hesitation - brand new car with 9 miles on it and zero commitment from me at that point.

So it's a 2005 Subie Outback XT Limited 5-speed. It's pretty much loaded up as much as you can get. I have an STi short throw shift already ordered along with an arm rest dealy.

Anyway, here she is:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quality_sound said:
Niiiice! I saw a Legacy wagon a couple of months ago that was dumped on 19s and it was clean as hell! Lots of potential there!
Hey thanks! I've already put over 200 some odd miles on it Saturday and Sunday just tooling around the back roads here in Indiana, it really is a blast to drive.

The day I drove it I took out every Subie model made (except for the STi) and for some reason the Outback just seemed to fit like a glove, it was just like the day I first drove the B55 Passat.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

I hope to get more than 3 years out of this one this time. God willing somebody doesn't rear end me going 40 (while I'm sitting at a stop light) like someone did to my Passat!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far so good! I'll tell ya, the ride in to work was much, much better than the past two weeks. I've been stuck in a rental Kia Optima - yikes! My knees hit the dashboard in that thing and there's more cheap plastic in those Optima's than you could shake a stick at! Step on the throttle - wait for it - yup - pissed off squirrels that don't like to move and gripe loudly about it! Wow!

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Nice car. I too took home a new car this weekend. I love the smell of a new car

·
Registered
752 Posts
She looks good.

I never looked at the outback models but I think it might be a good possibility as a replacement either this or next week. I still cannot get used to how the rear of the wagon looks, but that is a minor gripe.

Looks sharp in the shots you took.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Glad you got the XT AND the 5-sp:thumbup:
I spent 2 days in a rental Legacy with the 2.5L NA engine and AT - while it had some decent torque at the low end with the AT, it really needed the MT to give it some more GET-UP-N-GO. Happy trails :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mopower said:
She looks good.

I never looked at the outback models but I think it might be a good possibility as a replacement either this or next week. I still cannot get used to how the rear of the wagon looks, but that is a minor gripe.

Looks sharp in the shots you took.
First, thanks! It was freezing (like 19 degrees F yesterday) but I had to have a couple shots of it.

Secondly, if you're interested I think now is a really good time. There was a 2005 Legacy GT w/a 5-speed just like the one I got except that it had cloth and no sunroof and it was missing a few of the add-on's mine had but it was dirt cheap (I'm thinking asking price was 25k and change on that) and it was brand new and again that was just the "asking" price.

I was pretty torn because I really, really liked that cloth interior a lot, it's a fabric weave and it's 10 times better than the cheapo, crappy mouse fur you see in a lot of cars. But once I got a load of the gigantic sunroof (it's absolutely HUGE) I just had to have that, it extendes from over the driver's head to way back over the passenger's heads in the back seat, it's extremely nice and I thought my son would get a kick out of it.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Feilo said:
Glad you got the XT AND the 5-sp:thumbup:
I spent 2 days in a rental Legacy with the 2.5L NA engine and AT - while it had some decent torque at the low end with the AT, it really needed the MT to give it some more GET-UP-N-GO. Happy trails :)
Oh yeah, wouldn't have it any other way! :) The 5-speed is an absoutle joy to shift and drive, it really is and on top of that I have driven my brother's WRX with the STi short shift kit in it so often that I got hooked on that, so that's getting installed sometime this week or next hopefully. I can't wait! :)

But yeah, you're right, it's pretty quick with MT and the turbo. ;)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
natskiboy said:
Hey Sullie, did your car come with HID's?
It comes with projector-beam low-beam and multireflector high-beam headlights and fog lights however, there's a group buy on Legacygt.com for HID's for $265.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
natskiboy said:
Nice car. I too took home a new car this weekend. I love the smell of a new car
How can you leave peeps hanging like that? What did you bring home?

Congrats on your new Subie Sullie. Looks nice. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts