Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
941 - 959 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to PW MWhite2012... Once you become able to post threads in other parts of the site I would recommend reposting your question in the "Garage" section od the forum. You will receive numerous replies, and how-to's if there aren't any posted there already. Trying browsing through there and see what you can come up with. These guys are veterans and can lead you in the right direction for almost anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey -

I have a 2008 2.0T (APR Tuned +HP) and I believe the timing belt needs to be replaced around 100K. I will check again in manual tomorrow to confirm. take care!

familyman466

·
Registered
44 Posts
I decided to call myself coils because for the longest time I had to change my ignition coils all the time. Finally got the recall work done and now it seems time for the timing belt and water pump!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been a member on VWVortex since 2004, having owned 2 MK3 Jettas (a GLX and a GL with a VR6 swap) and currently a MK4 GLI 24v VR6. My wife and I have had our 2004 Passat GLX since 2008, and before that she owned a 2000 New Beetle 1.8T. So neither of us are new to VWs by any means, but since I haven't registered on here till recently, feel free to give me the noob treatment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all Passat owners and drivers around the world. I have a VW Passat 1.9TDi 4Motion 2004 version .See you around !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greetings Everyone!
Just brought home my wife's '02 GLS 4Motion Wagon. She has been well maintainded, the car NOT the wife...LOL, but seriously first thing I noticed when I looked at the car was the brown goo in the coolant reservoir. So after flusing the cooling system and steam cleaning the engine, I am now chasing a bad cam sensor A (Bank 1)I checked the timing belt which looked good and it runs great with 79K on the ODO. I assume it is the pass side sensor as I do not have my Bentley Manuals yet. Also flushed the PS with Royal Purple and the fun continues...really looking forward to getting my hands dirty and learning from the rest of you on this VW!
Mike

941 - 959 of 959 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.