Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
921 - 940 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys just bought my 3rd vw, had an 89 gti 16v, a 92 jetta coupe and now a 98 passat gls 1.8t, im having a problem with my wastegate actuator, im pretty sure its jammed open because im not getting any power what so ever. ive seen that its quite common on these cars and theres actually been a few cases where the flap on the actuator breaks off, curious as to what i should do. repair the old k03 or just buy a new turbo, any help would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
howdy all, new to passatworld and passat in general. I live in Wyoming and just bought a used 02 passat 1.8t, fell in love with the car the first time a drove it, So much so that I overlooked the little problems that i should have noticed, So now I have to work them out for myself. I will try to use the search tool as much as possible if I cant find what I'm looking for then I'll be picking the Pro's brains, I will try not to be to much of a pain in butt.
Thanks Robb

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome Robb, from one newbie to another! I also have an '02 and my first advice is to check all drain holes (ie sunroof if you have one, cowl drains, etc). It'll save you a lot of heartache and $ in the long run, I know from experience, just had to replace my TCm due to drainage problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Robb, from one newbie to another! I also have an '02 and my first advice is to check all drain holes (ie sunroof if you have one, cowl drains, etc). It'll save you a lot of heartache and $ in the long run, I know from experience, just had to replace my TCm due to drainage problems.
Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I'm new too! Have to be honest I became a member because I'm starting to have a few issues with my 07 Passat 2.0 Turbo with 57K miles... bought it about 5 months ago. Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not a new user but have been away for a while....resulting in me forgetting my user name and password. I've since re-registered and ready to get back to work on my 1999 Passat Variant. As soon as I get the last few mechanical issues out of the way (catalytic converter, leaking oil pan, missing glovebox door, busted center console) I'll be moving on to tuning the engine and then the exterior. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone! I am a proud owner of a 2.0T 2006. I absolutely love my car, but have questions regarding a timing belt...in my maintenance manual it says nothing about a timing belt being replaced...only the TDI or V6 models. Can someone please advise?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all, I have recently purchased a 2003 Wagon and I am excited to start working on it. My first order of business is to make minor repairs. I have a broken glove box, a passenger side door lock that does not work and the rear ashtray/drink holder(?) is missing/broken. I look forward to using this site to help me along the way. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Self Introduction

Hello from NKY:

New poster glad to be here. Hope to be around for awhile. This site was recommended by my trusted mechanics. So far, the information seems to be solid and the snarkiness seems to be much less than on most online communities. Refreshing.

Currently driving a 2005 United Gray Metallic B5.5 GLX Wagon (aka Estate) with 2.8L, 4Motion and TipTronic. Bought new but only recently inherited (spouse had been driving it until she got her new XC70 and I sold my beloved A4 Quattro). Fully loaded including the VW Intermittent Electronic Gremlins Package [ABS, Anti-Slip Regulation and MIL icons displays] which evidently cannot be corrected but fortunately does not seem to affect the going or the stopping or anything in between.

Trying to keep this sweet ride mainly stock, but doing minor things such as repainting the entire front end and applying VentureShield urethane clear bra to bumper cover, leading edges of hood and fenders, and outside mirror front casings. Also repairing the curb rash on all four of the original 14-spoke wheels (spouse has an affinity for curbs) and powder coating them bright silver with some body color shadow accents along the spoke edges. Also, getting rid of the dinner plate VW grill emblem with a debadged 4-bar black grill and adding either body color headlight masks or headlight brows (any opinions on masks vs brows?).

BTW, the grill and masks/brows were ordered some time ago (two weeks overdue as of now) from TM Tuning in Berlin. Three contact attempts by me so far with no response. I had been warned they were slow but now getting ridiculous. TM Tuning NOT RECOMMENDED. Who are your favorite VW aftermarket suppliers?

First VW: 1969 Fastback (aka Type 3 aka TL), dark blue exterior with tan interior, fully loaded with 3-speed automatic transmission, AM radio (had to add FM converter) and AC. Very nice car, though S.L.O.W. off the line.

Thanks for listening.

SBC

·
Registered
140 Posts
Former owner of a Silverstone Metallic 2002 Passat Wagon 1.8T Vin # wvwvd63b62e382177 I am just leaving this here in case anyone purchases it. I was the original owner and traded it in back in August of 2011. I then found it for sale in NH and has since been sold. If you bought it, enjoy it! Send me a message if you want to know anything about it.

921 - 940 of 959 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.