Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 959 Posts

·
Founder
18,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome! --- (PLEASE READ before posting!)

On behalf of the administration and web site staff, I would like to welcome you to PassatWorld! Before you begin posting, please take the time and review our Mission Statement and Discussion Forum Rules. It is very important that you abide by these rules.

If you're ever having any technical difficulties, please post your questions in the Comments, Suggestions and Help Forum. The web site staff frequently views this forum to help everyone in need of assistance.

Members with the word "Moderator" or "Administrator" under their forum handle (username) are volunteer members that help enforce the rules of the discussion forums. These people can also help answer your questions if no one else can.

·
Registered
159 Posts
what's up everyone! I'm new to the whole Euro scene and so far loving it. I'm an ex rice burner fan but I got passed that sickness. Bought a 99 B5. Still mainly stock so help a newb out and tell me where to start! We have a blank canvas to work with!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm new too. I have a '02 passat sedan 1.8T. I put a K&n filter and some Denso spark plugs. I'm really looking foward to modding, and hopefully meeting some of you someday. I'm thinking about a chip upgrade, but it's expensive. Anyone know how to program the ECU yourself with those fancy APR setttings? That's all I have, see ya

·
Registered
2 Posts
Helllo, I am new to Passat world. Eric Harris you are the man. I have a couple of questions. I have an 01 Passat. I love it. It is my first and won't be my last. I notice on my 2001 after closing my hood I notice that there is a slight gap. It doesn't close all the way down. I notice it appears on some cars I saw a "W8" with the same amount of space. on some of the earlier models the hood closes all the way down. What's up with that little space is this for aerodynamic purposes or what. Secondly as I exolained to Eric I live in Bowie Md. Whenever I leave my car outside of my garage it takes me about 3 to 5 minutes to start it. Like the engine is cold or something. When ever I park it in the garage when I am ready to go to work it starts with no problem. Can anyone give some insight

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello B5.
I'm a proud new owner of a "like new" 02 B5.5 V6 with 4motion and 42K miles. I'm not new to VW vehicles: my 1st car was a 62 beetle, later in life a 70 beetle and more recently a 95 Cabrio that is now my son's car, this being my 1st Passat and I'm impressed with it's ride, handling, finishes and options.
I'm not really into modding, but like a car to look nice. The OEM wheels had severe curb scratches, so I got my B5.5 a set of Mille Miglia MM11-3 wheels (Nice looking!); and I'm waiting for shipment of an interface to connect my iPod (with all it's 5000 songs) at the CD changer connector and be able to control it with the stereo and steering wheel controls.
I plan to be a frequent reader and occasional poster as questions or answer scome to me.
USASpec PA10-VW 1998-05 Volkswagen, Audi Smart iPod™ Interface

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
oldiaz said:
Hello B5.
I'm a proud new owner of a "like new" 02 B5.5 V6 with 4motion and 42K miles. I'm not new to VW vehicles: my 1st car was a 62 beetle, later in life a 70 beetle and more recently a 95 Cabrio that is now my son's car, this being my 1st Passat and I'm impressed with it's ride, handling, finishes and options.
I'm not really into modding, but like a car to look nice. The OEM wheels had severe curb scratches, so I got my B5.5 a set of Mille Miglia MM11-3 wheels (Nice looking!); and I'm waiting for shipment of an interface to connect my iPod (with all it's 5000 songs) at the CD changer connector and be able to control it with the stereo and steering wheel controls.
I plan to be a frequent reader and occasional poster as questions or answer scome to me.
USASpec PA10-VW 1998-05 Volkswagen, Audi Smart iPod™ Interface
Welcome to the Club!

Kenny

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I am a soon to be proud new owner of an 02' V6 GLX, Black w tan int. I have always loved the flawless design of the "B5/B5.5" s. I will pick it up this Thursday, it has quite a few options but no CD player...should I go w a dealer installation?

Hers : 04' Volvo V70R - ultimate sleeper

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hello.... welcome! I also have a 2002 Black Passat

You can pickup used 6 disc OEM CD Changers for around $100 in the classifieds if you are patient. Or you can install a PhatBox which is a 20GB Hard Drive capable of playing MP3s. Or you can go aftermarket, like I did, and get an Alpine 6 Disc CD/MP3 changer that plays both regular CD's or MP3s. The dealer will rape you on a new CD changer. Don't pay it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi all,im a new user to this vw forums,im a passat v5 owner had it 3 weeks,loving it more each day.its a 2000 reg in reflex silver,so ill be asking some stuff for upgrades,etc etc etc.......

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi all .. new passat owner here

hi everyone

i've just bought my first passat (4 wks ago ) its a 99 1.8 sport and i love it !!!!

i live in the uk :)

could anyone tell me what the difference is between my model and the SE please ?

look forward to getting to know you all

·
The "Odd" one
6,069 Posts
hey guys and gals

I just inherited my wifes 2003 Passat 1.8T (I bought a Volvo V50 wagon and she fell in love with it, so to keep her happy...). This is now my 5th VW in the past 10 years. Should have kept my 18 inch RS4s off of my MK4, but I didnt think she was gonna give her Passat up. Oh well..glad to be here!!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Welcome to ClubB5!.... Err I mean PasatWorld :beer: :D

I believe the MK4 uses 5x100 bolt pattern, with the Passat uses a 5x112.

If you stick around here much, you'll soon be depleting your savings accounts or maxing out your credit cards with all the mods you'll be purchasing. It's a verry addictive, expensive, and FUN hobby :)

Post some pics!

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to Passat

quite the newbie to the world of forums, but wanted to get involved.

my first new car was (is) a '97 golf trek. it has been a great ride with little to no problems. my wife and i are expecting our first so it was time for the family wagon. we picked up a used '01 passat glx v6 4motion. plenty of comfort, safety, and room for the dogs. i hesitated at first because of the numerous complaints about electrical problems, etc. but i love VW's and took the leap (got a great deal on the vehicle too!) alas, one month later and my first check engine light comes on ("emissions workshop"). probably a mass air flow sensor. just learned that VW extended warranties on all engine's but the v6. damn! any advice or tips before i shell out the bucks on a new sensor? plus, any insight on the VW haters out there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Fegs,
The Sport adds 16" Road America alloys, Sports suspension, and sports multifunction steering wheel. It also adds aluminium trim to the dash and door handles together with rain sensing wipers and automatic dimming rear view mirror. Hope this helps.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help me Please

Hi everyone, I have jus bought a VW Passat TDI, year 2000. Is this a passat B5? and if so is it possible to get a chrome grill with the VW badge? Is it also possible to get Crystal clear chrome look headlights? I live in the London so modifications are very rare to find on the web for Passat's in the UK. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Hi UK Passat and Welcome to the Club! I would suggest that you ask your question in the General Discussion forum. It will get a great deal more visability there.

Again, Welcome!

Kenny

1 - 20 of 959 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.