Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On behalf of the administration and web site staff, I would like to welcome you to PassatWorld!

1. Before you begin posting, please take the time and review our Website Terms and Conditions of use. It is very important that you abide by these rules.

2. To help prove you are not a potential spammer, you must post 2 times anywhere in the new member area. It can be a new thread or a post on an existing thread, but it must be in the NEW MEMBER AREA. If either or both of your first two posts are not made in this area and made elsewhere, they will be deleted at our discretion.

3. The new member area for introductions and gaining familiarity with the site only. DO NOT ASK PASSAT QUESTIONS IN THE NEW MEMBER AREA. If you do, they will get deleted or closed.

4. Each forum is laid out by Generation of Passat. B3/B4 and earlier, B5/B5.5, B6, B7/NMS, B8, CC, TDI, W8. Please make sure you post in the appropriate forum for your model. Questions or topics for a TDI or W8 that are common with their "B" generation chassis siblings can be posted in the "B" forum that applies.

5. Generic questions, like "What kind of exhaust system should I buy?," or "What's the best chip for my car?," or "What kinds of mods are people running?" need to be posted here in the B5, in the B6, in the B7 forums, etc.

6. So you ask, "How do I know what model I have? This guy says B5, B6, or B7, and I have no idea what he is talking about!" This link is largely accurate. Volkswagen Passat - Wikipedia

7. Are you a "Do it Yourself" (DIY) type of person? Specific questions about "how to DIY" need to be put in the B5 Garage, in the B6 Garage, in the B7 forums, etc.

If you are looking for a specific DIY that you are reasonably certain should exist for B5 or B5.5 (and most of it exists, so please search), check out the Information Base forum. There is no Information Base forum for the B6 or B7 yet, but with your help in posting how-to posts, we'll get there.

If you're ever having any technical difficulties with the site or navigation therein, please post your questions in the Community Help Forum. The web site staff frequently views this forum to help everyone in need of assistance.

Members with the word "Moderator" or "Administrator" under their forum handle (username) are volunteer members that help enforce the rules of the discussion forums. These people can also help answer your questions if no one else can.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.