Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
The R32 bumpers and roof spoiler are a nice touch too.LOL I got a quote for $3800 for 6 months what a joke.:thumbdown
Insurance competitiveness is always highly variable by region, driver, and insured asset.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You guys must have rally bad driving history. My quote came us as $364 for 6 months, and I'm only 21...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You guys must have rally bad driving history. My quote came us as $364 for 6 months, and I'm only 21...
I'm a 31yo, married, male, and in the 15 years I've been driving, I've never been in a single accident. The last of the 3 speeding tickets I've ever gotten was close to 5 years ago. My quote was $2300 every 6 months. Considering that I shouldn't be a high risk and my car is only worth about $4500, that's just a ridiculous amount of money even for NYC.

I think they either randomly pull numbers out of a hat or have some type of giant wheel they spin like on The Price is Right in order to come up with quotes... guess you got lucky.

$60 per month? that's gotta be the most basic "legally necessary" coverage you can get. I've never heard of anyone getting full coverage for that amount.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm a 31yo, married, male, and in the 15 years I've been driving, I've never been in a single accident. The last of the 3 speeding tickets I've ever gotten was close to 5 years ago. My quote was $2300 every 6 months. Considering that I shouldn't be a high risk and my car is only worth about $4500, that's just a ridiculous amount of money even for NYC.

I think they either randomly pull numbers out of a hat or have some type of giant wheel they spin like on The Price is Right in order to come up with quotes... guess you got lucky.

$60 per month? that's gotta be the most basic "legally necessary" coverage you can get. I've never heard of anyone getting full coverage for that amount.
Yea, I probably shoulda mentioned that I chose liability only... I'm far too cheap

·
Registered
7 Posts
They wanted to charge me twice as much as I pay now and that was even with a NRA discount. I pay $74 a month for 2 vehicles (1 basic liability and 1 full coverage) through Geico. I just laugh when I see their commercials claiming to save me money.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts