Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone one have an opinion on these 2 mats. Seems that everyone has the MM but Weather Tech mats look cool too, although it seems that they don't have the holes for the floor pegs. Do they stand up as well...or better. How about the colors. In the pics the Black doesn't look very black. Anyway let me know.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I just wore a hole in my Weathertechs after 4 years of full time use. Don't worry about not having holes for the pegs because they won't budge. And you're right, black isn't very black.

I just ordered Monster Mats and will give those a shot.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had the weather tech mats in my 99 02 and 04.5 (a new set in each car mind you) and The fit was never quite right. I just bought a set of MM they are better by far. The fit is exact the retention post holes ensure that they never move. And the clubb5 price at drew parts is sweet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The Weathertechs will not fit as perfectly as the Monster Mats. Weathertech uses three or four sizes and a "cut to fit" system to fit all cars. I have seen the Weathertechs in four cars and they never quite fit every nook and cranny of the flooboard.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I just got a set of Monster Mats for my '04.

They look fantastic, and they should be a great addition for the bad Wisconsin slush and salt.

They have nice deep treads, but I do worry that they don't have a big enough rim to keep the water on the mat until it can evaporate. The rim is only about half as tall as the central ribs. Anyone experience spillage?

Wisconsin winters are pretty much 7 months out of the year, and we have MOUNTAINS of salt in stockpile. They spread out a layer 1 inch deep if they even think it's going to dip below freezing. :suspicio:

RUST NEVER SLEEPS! :nervous:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I have Monster Mats in my '03, the factory mats are pretty lame but the Monster Mats are really holding up quite well and look pretty nice too. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.