Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to do a "DIY" replacement of the soft door weather seals(strips) on their B5 or B5.5?
i would like to know the cost and the best source to order these parts besides VW. Are they easy to work with and what is required to tacklethis project? These are the rubberseals that is attached to the door frame. Perhaps i should also find out about replacing the supplemental weather seals attached to the doors? I want to replace these parts to eliminate some outside noise, and get that ''thump'' when closing the doors. Its just not the same anymore when it was new, and well, after 178k, i think it;s time, There are no signs of tears or damages, but they are softer than what they used to be.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quality_

thanks for the response-- i see that for the hatch it's an easy removal--but how about the doors- it looks like i have to pry it off the door seams? But reinstalling it i would imagine would need some removal of some panels? sorry- i'm at lost.. i'm getting some squeaks from the hatch- and i beleive the culprit is the sealants..i also want to replace the doors, to have a tighter shut.

thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts