Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone messed around with water injection on the 1.8T? By water injection I mean injecting water (possibly mixed with alcohol) into the intake manifold, not the more common trick of spraying water on the intercooler.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I read that it is not good to use any kind of alcohol or solvents, except if you use system during winter time and low temp (it is cold anyway). Vaporating alcohol is leaving white marks in manifold and cylinders and causing other problems related to this. Destilated water is best for cooling, alcohol will rise a bit octan rate of burned fuel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Macabre said:
Have you read everything on http://www.waterinjection.info/ ? If not, it's a good place to start. I'll probably be looking at home-brewing something soon, or maybe one of the aquamist kits if I'm feeling spendy. It's not very popular in these communities. I'm planning on using blue washer fluid, it's a 20% methanol mix.
Cool. I'd homebrew with 1:1 water/ethanol mix if I had a high-boost chip. That Aquamist pump is too damn expensive. Have you seen RSR Water Injection? It seems to have some interesting info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.