Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I used the search so I would like to ask for opinions ...
2003 VW Passat v6 4 motion grey with tan interior

So I’m really thinking 17 or 18 BBS . Either grey or black with a polished aluminum lip.
‘when I say BBS I mean the mesh style . Its been a long time since I had a car with anything aftermarket parts . So please forgive my ignorance .

Anyway If you guys can recommend some tire sizes . And if you have another preference on the rims let me know . I will like to take a look . I’m not a loud person I just want something that’s going to look clean .

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,197 Posts
Sounds like you are talking about the BBS LM.

If you want to do manufacturer accepted tire sizes for those wheels, go to a site like tire rack and specify wheel size. They will show the recommended tire size. I don't know about 18's, but the 17" size is 225/45/17 on anywhere from a 7-8" wide wheel.

Reactions: DeliveryValve

·
Registered
171 Posts
Piggybacking on what VG said, I too don't have experience on the 18's, but for 17's 225 45 R17 would be the factory size. I've had a 7.5 width ET 45 rim that fits perfectly within the wheel wells. I also ran a 235 45 R17 tire that made my speedo about 3 mph faster (actually made my speedo in sync with the GPS, but odometer was slightly off).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys , I’m going to stop at a speed shop tomorrow see what sort of tire\wheel packages they have for me. So I’m thinking rim ,lite tint and maybe updating the front headlights . I have the original light and there very clear considering the age of the car but they just aren’t very bright. So I’m hoping I can find something after market . I would like something just plug and play but I’m thinking if I want something brighter it will require more power i Will have some kind of capacitors or something to give it a better draw.

·
Registered
28,208 Posts
Unless you plan to lower the car, stick with a 17" wheel.
For the headlights, take your phone, remove the rear bulb covers and take a picture inside. If they were anything like my son's car, the wires are falling apart. A new pair of headlights is far easier than replacing the harnesses, but I did the harness as we already had clear lenses with LaminX on them.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
8,5x18 et 35-30 will work. 225/40 18 all the way. 255-35 18 on the rear will work too, but is tight.
On a sidenote: 18 or 19" inch will look shitty if not lowered.
I had 18" for winter and 19" for summer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts