Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A person who works in my office has a '00 Jetta VR6 with 46K. This morning on her way to work a pully broke and caused her alt belt to brake. She just baught it from an individual and when she called our local stealership they told her it isn't covered under warrenty. I thought a pulley is part of the powertrain warrenty that could be transfered. I know it is at the most only going to warrenty until 50K but this problem should be covered shouldn't it?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just bought a used '03 Jetta for my wife and double checked dealer with VWOA to confirm all warranties transferred. Not know if different with '00 or length of warranties for that vehicle.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Do you have the owner's literature? I'm pretty sure in the manual and warranty booklet, it explains what transfers and what doesn't. I thought back then, the warranty went to 5 years/50,000 miles, once the car was past the original owner.

Can't help you on the coverage issue. Sorry.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Whatnow: your coworker's Jetta would have had a 2 year B2B (transferable) and 10 year powertrain (non-transferable outside of the family). Since 2 years is up and she didn't buy it from family, she's outta luck.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She got the car in Nov. So, if there is a 2year then it should still be in effect.

Anyone know about the pulley being part of the powertrain warrenty?

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Whatnow said:
She got the car in Nov. So, if there is a 2year then it should still be in effect.

Anyone know about the pulley being part of the powertrain warrenty?
I think he meant two years from original date of sale to the original owner. In this case, starting in 2000.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Triumph said:
Whatnow: your coworker's Jetta would have had a 2 year B2B (transferable) and 10 year powertrain (non-transferable outside of the family). Since 2 years is up and she didn't buy it from family, she's outta luck.
The powertrain warranty is transferable to anyone. It drops to 5/50k if you are the second owner.

·
Registered
970 Posts
To answer your question, if it is a pulley that powers accessories, ie. water pump, alternator, then it won't be covered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts