Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just got a 99 1.8T over the weekend. It didn't come with the manual or any warrenty information. I called VWOA this am and give them my information and they added me as the new owner etc. I asked what warrenty if any is left on the car.... to make a long story short(er) I still have a few months left on my drive-train warrenty. My question is: Is the tiptronic parts and labor covered under this warrenty? My tip isn't working and I wanted to get it fixed. I set an appointment up with a local dealer for this comming friday and wanted to prepare myself.
Is there a site that I can goto that will show me what is covered under the drive train warrenty?

Hope this hasn't been too long of a message but figured I would give you my history!!! :D :thumbup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew that the tranny was part of the drive train... i just really wanted to know if the labor is covered in the warrenty.... Thanks for your quick reply!!

This forum is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
The warranty is 50,000 miles or 5 years for the second and subsequent owners .
if that is the case the tip will be covered

from the manual

Fabio

·
Registered
902 Posts
Actually if it's a problem with the tranny ecu, it might not be covered, even thought it controls the tranny, it's not physically part of it. Did you buy this from a private owner or a dealer? If it's a dealer I would take it back to them, or have them reimburse you for the cost.

The labor is covered for anything under warranty.

·
Loose female member
4,885 Posts
Looks like you are still covered under the Limmited Warranty.
Don't think this will cover electrical aspects related to your tip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
V6er
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing