Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little over 33k on my 05 passat. I bought it Aug 2005. :( Is that lotta mileage in lil over a year? Anyone recommend extended warranty? We typically hold onto our cars for a long time. 99 Pathfinder with 189,000 miles

What should I have looked at/changed prior to 36,000 mile warranty expiring?

Car is running fine. Haven't really changed anything but oil thus far.

Any advice?

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
funny u mention the pathfinder. my gf's parents drive that as their beater dd and it's probably few hundred miles shy of 200k and still pulls strong. and that car had minimal issues throughout its life.

but your passat is NO pathfinder by any means. i think avg usage is around 15k/year. i personally think its better to drive alot of miles on your car b/c the life of the car isn't defined by how many years it lasts, but how many miles it was driven - true indication of a car's "usage". so with that said, make the most of your purchase and protect it with an extended warranty for sure.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
It's a lot, but not the highest I've seen ;)

Someone on here just bought a 04 with 100k :)

I bought my 04.5 in April of this year with 33k on it, so all things considered that is probably about the amount you'd have on your 05 now. I've since put around 20k on it in 6 months. It's a CPO so it has an extra like 24k miles on the B2B.

God that makes me sick to think about how many miles I have put to put on my baby just to get to work. :puke:

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,503 Posts
If you do decide to buy an extended warranty, check out the seller's reputation VERY carefully.

Take heart, you high-mileage guys. If you are putting intense numbers of highway miles on your car, your cost per mile is probably ALOT lower than mine.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I have 61k miles on my 2004.
Only oil changes, air filter, cabin filter, new tires so far. Oh and some power steering fluid.
At 80k I plan to do timing belt, water pump, tensioner, brakes, spark plugs, ATF, fuel filter, and lube up all the hinges and sunroof. That's gonna be costly.
But so far so good. I can't imagine the OP needing anything other than filters and oil changes at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts