Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally after many post on different forums and asking many questions on how to get that Coolant temp sensor out I finally accomplished it tonight. I had been trouble shooting 4 codes for about 1 month now, and about 2 weeks ago came to the conclussion (thanks for all of you that pointed me in the right direction on your ideas and thoughts) that it was a bad coolant sensor.

I had to break down and go to the dealership as I could see the sensor and take off the harness, but I couldn't manuver my hands to pull it out. The write ups are awesome here, but I was unclear about the clip that was mentioned. I borrowed a flashlight tonight and amazing enough there was the clip and I could see why it was not budging. Now the coolant thing I was surprised, as I anticipated about a cup or so spilling but not the coolant gushing out. I needed a good coolant flush anyway. So, I am feeling accomplished right now and just want to shout out many thanks for ideas and suggestions through all my many questions. :) :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
julianfang said:
glad to hear it's taken care of becca! Getting to that sensor on our V6's is truly a PITA :crazy:
Like I said the articles were great, but not seeing things I was confussed about where the clip was. I thought it was around the sensor ( in a sense it is), and I was trying to pry if off, when in fact it goes in a little cut-out of sort that then goes around the sensor. When I was shown a picture I understood things much better. I can't believe what a PITA it was. The sad thing is I have changed out fairly complicated items in a car and this was baffling me when I could see it and I knew what to do!!! *phew*.

The temp gauge in the car is working, so hopefully the codes will reset after a bit. Went to AutoZone and they no longer can reset the codes. Only run them. The did tell me that they now sell their OBDCII for $149.00. Wondering if I should get that, or save to get the really good ones that will work with my Palm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
julianfang
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing