Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i may have overused my post limit for this week, but i'm at a pivotal point in the longevity of my B5. right now i'm sitting without a clutch, and call this great luck, or sweet temption, but i'm coming across really great deals everywhere :confused: for instance, zender front spoiler, from oliver, pw member, being shipped! neuspeed rearsway bar for $100 w/o mounting equipment...but i can call neuspeed and have that sent out. found some neat stuff on ebay as well. so i'm thinking that i could part with the B5 after this transmission blowout, as i do not want to continue to spend money on the car. sell the car, i'm sure i could get a tad bit more than what i owe, especially with the mods added, and be done. on the other hand, i could very well use the transmission failure as a baseline to continue with the other maintainence needed repairs, such as the control arms. which brings me to this post. i came across this website over on vwvortex that is selling FEBI control arm set for less than $500. from what the dealer said, and some members on this site have stated that aftermarket control arms do not hold up as well as OEM. has anyone used FEBI, or know much about them. i'm thinking i might as well go ahead and get the control arms knocked out, i still have tie rod ends to change too. but a new tweaked suspension will go well with a new tranny. some guys over on vortex said they installed this kit, and the car feels like new, and some of the parts are beefier than stock. thought i'd post and see if i get any feedback. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2752304

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Do a search for Febi.
There are numerous posts about these.
The key to any front end suspension work on a Passat is a quality install and properly followed procedure.
Ask any one of the veterans in this club and I think they will Agree.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
if you're going to keep the car for a while, spend the money on CPPs control arms. at least the uppers anyway.

oh, and mods aren't worth a dime when you're selling your car and will most likely DETRACT from it's value.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
but soooooooo worth it. you'd think the joints would add a tad bit of harshness because of the lack of rubber but in reality they COMPLETELY smoothed out the suspension since it's not deflecting all over the place. i LOOOOVE mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts