Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all i want wheels that look like the SSR GT3's.
I would like to get the GT3's, but they are to expensive, so are there any like this style that is under $300per wheels
Something along the lines of this:

Second ones are 5Zigen-Typhons, but the bolt pattern is not 5 x 112.
The third and forth are HRE's and like everyone knows way to expensive.
So any wheels similar to that style for the price range.
I am looking for 18'' x 8.5'' or 8'' i would rather not go below 7.5'' wide.
TIA
Jordan

·
Registered
709 Posts
The Flik Lex wheels look like similar to that style, but don't come with the rivets around the edge, and I think they only come in a black color. Here's a pic:

At Edgeracing.com for $150 a piece, but it's 18x8.0

·
Registered
709 Posts
word. no prob. I'll keep an eye out for any other similar wheels. Rh Alurad makes a silver wheel with a polished lip called the AO Pheonix. It's a 1-piece version of their 3-piece wheel, rivets and everything. not the same style as the SSR's, but it's stil decent, and they cost $259 a piece according to the guy who mailed me from autobahnx. I was considering those before getting my other wheels. worth a look:

http://www.rh-wheels.com

I'll be on the look out

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i have seen those in person they look alot more chrome then in the pic.
I am thinking about the ADR M-Classics though, just thought id see if there was anything like this out there. Well im probably not buyin rims till the summer so i still got some time to search around :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
The SSR is good stuff. You won't be disappointed! And plus, when you think it's time to sell, you can still gather a good buck for 'em since they're pretty highly sought after.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I didn't mean ADR is unreliable, I meant Wheelmax is unreliable. Some people had mentioned on a previous thread after I had inquired about them that they always screw up your order and the wheels never come in one perfect piece (someone mentioned they seem to always forget to give you hub centric rings) or they forget to ship something with it. I'm sure that doesn't happen all the time, but apparently it's happened a good amount of times to get a few people bitching about it, so I wouldn't buy wheels through Wheelmax unless you have no other choice.

ADR makes a good wheels though :D

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SeattleReign said:
Whats up with the rivet look on wheels these days? I'm kinda torn on if I like them or dislike them. Are they just for looks or do they have a function?
If they are multi-peice then they are the things that attatch the prices, most are fake though and just give the look of a "milti-piece" wheel :crazy:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looking for a replacement wheel for my car and I like the looks of the wheels shown here (SSR GT3s and the like). Anyone have pics of these wheels on a B5.5?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
rollininstyle2004
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing