Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read an article from yesterdays wall st journal saying that the recall for passats will be to check the cv boots for a defect. It will not effect cars from 2000 to present. The dealer has not yet been informed b/c usually the media comes out w/recalls about a week ahead. I was told that since I already replaced mine I could somehow be reimbursed as long as I recieve a notice that my car was part of the recall. Good news!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I didn't get the MAF notice, so I am thankful to learn here!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I was at a VW/Audi dealership today bringing my friend's A4 into service, and asked briefly about this for my '99. They did not have a slightest idea of this recall yet, but casually on-the-side responded that the information is probably en route.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already had to replace my cv joints so they can't look at mine and see if they are defective. I am hoping I can just show reciepts and get reimbursed. That will be a cool $400 extra for some HID look lights! :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
mbogosia
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing