Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been MIA on PW for a while, but I thought I'd share the new addition to the family. Pictures below:
2019 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. Fix that wheel gap ASAP!
lol, I plan to keep it stock for a while. Planning to get tint and possibly PPF though.
Also curious if APR will release a Stage1 tune at some point; apparently the car has a Golf R motor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was considering getting one but I'm disappointed that the adaptive cruise control is only available on the all wheel drive models. It seems the options are quite constrained for the Arteon. I'll stick with the Passat for now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was considering getting one but I'm disappointed that the adaptive cruise control is only available on the all wheel drive models. It seems the options are quite constrained for the Arteon. I'll stick with the Passat for now.
I now see a number FWD SEL models at various dealers in the USA. These all have adaptive cruise control, despite the fact that the VW web page for building an Arteon does not list this combination. Unfortunately, here in Colorado only 4MOTION vehicles are available with ACC.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I bought one yesterday. I wanted an SEL Premium (no R-line, which is purely cosmetic), but the only one within 500 miles was blue with brown interior. I loved the blue, and the brown, but not together. So I got the SEL-Premium R-line in white with black interior. Amazing to have, in this era, not only a full-size spare tire, but one with a matching wheel. It is missing a few things that the Mazda6 or the Kia Stinger had (homelink garage door opener; mirrors and electric steering wheel adjustment in conjunction with the seat position memory), but is a much better long distance roadtrip cruiser with better seats, smoother ride, and a more quiet cabin. So far, just wow. Coming from a 2001 Passat and a 2001 QX4 family.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought one yesterday. I wanted an SEL Premium (no R-line, which is purely cosmetic), but the only one within 500 miles was blue with brown interior. I loved the blue, and the brown, but not together. So I got the SEL-Premium R-line in white with black interior. Amazing to have, in this era, not only a full-size spare tire, but one with a matching wheel. It is missing a few things that the Mazda6 or the Kia Stinger had (homelink garage door opener; mirrors and electric steering wheel adjustment in conjunction with the seat position memory), but is a much better long distance roadtrip cruiser with better seats, smoother ride, and a more quiet cabin. So far, just wow. Coming from a 2001 Passat and a 2001 QX4 family.
Congrats! Another Stormtrooper Arteon :LOL:
Not sure what you mean by mirror adjustment with seat position memory though. I have my mirror, ambient color, driver assist settings and seat position mapped to one key while the wife uses another key for her settings.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Not sure what you mean by mirror adjustment with seat position memory though. I have my mirror, ambient color, driver assist settings and seat position mapped to one key while the wife uses another key for her settings.
Do the outside mirrors have memory, like the seats? My salesperson said "no."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts