Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 4 days and a 1/2 tank of gas, all I can say is I like it. Throttle responce is great and mileage seems to have picked up a bit, more so than the V6 chip did on my 01 GLX but I'll reserve that analysis til I finish this tank. I'm usually at 180 miles by the 1/2 tank mark. Right now I'm over 200 and still just over 1/2 a tank. The power improvement is noticeable even at full throttle. It's not just "opening the throttle more at part-throttle" to give you the sense of more power. Got the revised chip with the speed limiter removed today and installed it. I touched 140 mph while still in 5th before I backed off - still on H-rated Dunlop snows. Can't wait for the Z-rated Dunlops on BBS RE's... :cry: Three wheels are in.. Waiting for the back-order to be filled around April 10th. Kudos again to Kelly. If you order it thru her, make sure you mention the speed limiter if you want it removed. When I installed it, I cleaned my K&N filter & removed the pre-screen for the hell of it. Sounds really nice...

And for you block heads that are thinking "He exceeded 130 on H-rated tires" please make sure you FULLY understand speed ratings... :D
Not rated for sustained speeds above 130 mph" means just that. A short blast above the speed rating in cold weather is not as risky as it seems. (punn intended) I did not "sustain" 140 for more than 15 seconds... :p

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
I am happy your enjoying the results. All I have to say is once I get my new rims and suspension out of the way Kelly will be getting a call from me as well.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm in contact with the Upsolute dealer here in the UK (Rochester, Kent) and he says he can chip my W8 Tip....hopefully with the same results you guys are all getting...

Just waiting for him to get back to me with the price and details and I'll be straight down there for the upgrade...

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
she was supose to call me back last week :cry: :cry: :cry: but hasn't. I want this chip. Oh 1 question, if there is a glitch in the factory ECU and reprograming will fix it from the factory, will the wett chip also fix this? it doesh't really matter, but i want it :bow:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
w8cmp said:
I'm in contact with the Upsolute dealer here in the UK (Rochester, Kent) and he says he can chip my W8 Tip....hopefully with the same results you guys are all getting...

Just waiting for him to get back to me with the price and details and I'll be straight down there for the upgrade...
great share the results 8)

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeff, what "glitch" are you talking about ???
Katherine - All work and no play makes Ronny a dull boy...... :D
Rich - I might be certifiable, but Elias ?!?!?!? That's another matter... :poke:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rich P said:
VWGUY4EVER said:
I did not "sustain" 140 for more than 15 seconds... :p
I'm sure you would have and will if Elias were with you in his A4.
Did you ever hear the story about the Mustang GT that got buzzed at 140 Sunday morning :lol: :lol: :lol:
We were on our way to church and late for Sunday school when... :wink:

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I'm sure the guy in the Mustang muttered something "Holy" but I doubt it had any religious meaning... :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
How do I get ahold of Wetterauer?? I'd like to discuss this with them as well. Thanks...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just had Jeff Robertson of rocket chips reprogram my ecu, he gets his code from Stefon at digital raceing .de I like the idea of reflashing the ecu better than soldering a chip to the board. he set up my 97 tdi with ver.3.1 & its great , if you wish to get it he's in pa. http://www.rocketchip.com/ :D

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I was told by the admin at dub-tech.com that there is a problem in early W8's because my abs light has turned on twice and gone away after restarting the car and each time they have replaced some abs module. dont know which wheel or what not. The dealership wont reprgram my ecu to fix this glitc, just replace the part. so i was just wondering if everything is changed in the chip or just somethings

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I refilled last night with about a 1/4 tank left. I averaged 20mpg which is up about 2-2.5mpg in my mixed loop.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I can't wait!!! I'm calling Kelly at around 1PM and get WETT.. :lol:

I finally got my BBS RA's back from Ye Ole' Wheel and Welding and they are looking sharp.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
awsome, can't wait to hear what you hit with the new tires

1 - 20 of 23 Posts