Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Re: W8 Wagon Chrome rails GB (Nick75)

I will do a how to this week, but it is really quite simple. 15 minutes max.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: W8 Wagon Chrome rails GB (Nick75)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>How hard they to install maybe one of your guys that do it on your own make a how to.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's really simple to install. From a scale of 1 to 5, it's definitely a 1.

1. Slide the front and back covers off #10/11 (takes a little force but give it a nice tug). Also remove the center cap #4.
2. Using a 20mm ratchet, remove the bolts from the front, center and back.
3. Once the bolts are off, just lift the old rail up.
4. Place the brand spankin new chrome rail on, screw in the bolts and snap the covers back on and voila you're done!
5. Repeat 1-4 for the other side.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Re: W8 Wagon Chrome rails GB (Blownaway)

Hey Tim,

Just got the package today... got billed for all the parts (my invoice has all 8 parts on it), but only received:

3B9-860-033-2ZZ /$148.50
3B9-860-034-2ZZ /$148.50

Still missing:

3B9-860-145-C-2ZZ /$4.62
3B9-860-149-C-2ZZ /$5.31
3B9-860-150-C-2ZZ /$5.31
3B9-860-146-C-2ZZ /$4.62
3B9-860-147-B-2ZZ /$4.62
3B9-860-148-B-2ZZ/$4.62

Guess I'll call parts tomorrow and see wassup. ERGH!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: W8 Wagon Chrome rails GB (mattsoft)

You should give Rich or one of the guys in VW parts a ring...I'm sure you did already.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Re: W8 Wagon Chrome rails GB (simbany1)

Ahhhhh, Rich says they are shipped in 2 separate boxes. Damn FedEx gave me the rails yesterday, maybe the covers will be delivered today. Heh...
So anyone else in the group buy, be aware they come in 2 boxes.

·
Registered
241 Posts

heh heh! FedEx dropped the 2nd box off last night around 8... I think they may have realized they forgot to deliver it! hah! now if it would just stop pouring outside I can install these babies.
I still can't get over how cheap you guys are selling these. about $200 cheaper than my local dealers...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Re: W8 Wagon Chrome rails GB (mattsoft)

Oh IM getting a good Xmas present from all of you bastards

You dont think I'm doin all this for free do ya. Also I dont get paid a penny for everything that is bought from you guys. I just think it makes me look better with everyone. the customers because you get a good deal, the owners because they get business they normally wouldnt.

I better be seeing a chip in for Tim's gift post pretty damn soon. For times a running out.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

I almost wish I had a variant so I could put these on...really complements the look of the chrome on the b5.5

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Re: W8 Wagon Chrome rails GB (bfalchuk)

Tim,
I ordered my set about a week and half ago. Do you have a tracking number or anything? If you shipped via Fed Ex, it would explain why I haven't received something that should take 4 to 5 days by ground. Just want to see where it is.

·
Registered
241 Posts

So I've had these bad boys on for a couple of weeks now and today, to my surprise, someone stole one of the caps! Today, I go to walk the dogs ... as I'm walking past my B5, I look at it and admire how nice he looks with those new chrome rails. My girlfriend mentions how cool they look. We get back about an hour later, and the back left chrome cap is gone! Huh?!?!? Either a bird flew down and picked it off or someone took it. WTF?!?!?

So I'll be calling tomorrow to order a replacement rear left cap. Heh heh... So if anyone sees a crow flying by with a rear chrom rail cap, that's probably mine. Hah!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts