Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember someone had posted the exact radio shack LED model number and instructions to illuminate the dial as well for the W8 sunroof mod. Since the serarch is still crippled somewhat, anyone have a link to that old thread?

It's supposed to be a red LED that is a perfect mate for it all.

TIA

·
Registered
297 Posts
I used a blue LED (Matches the blue of the interior perfectly, and I like the offset blue of the dial against the other red's) and the specs are as follows so you would be able to use the same in red if you prefer....

Blue LED - 3mm, 1000mcd, 130mW, 30ma (norm), 100ma (peak), Vf 3.5 (voltage, min being 3.2 and max being 4.0v), with a viewing angle of 15 degrees. I fyou find one thats similar you could use it. I utilised a 540r bridge resistor to drop the voltage down.. :thumbup:

Enjoy!
Ram

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually kinda like the idea of the blue LED. Where did you get it from?

The sunroof LED mod I'm thinking of has the resistor arelday pre soldered onto the LED, so you can plug it right into a 12 Volt section. anyone have that write up bookmarked by chance?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Any electronics store would keep 'em. Try radio shack or one of the equivalents. And if you have no luck let me know...I'll send you one or two from Australia!

Cheers
Ram

PS. Use the specs I have given you previous when you shop for it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
iconnx
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing