Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was a pain , but i fanally did it it looks awesome.....

Pictures of my W8 style Overhead LED's and my illuminated handles.

$ 20 for both mods
and yes just got a CEL. i will check it tomorrow

Note my camera makes it look a little brighter than it actually is.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yo, do this mod for me next time we meet bro I'll pay ya
That black beauty? My B5OTM ?

Oh my god cant wait. i wont charge anything just the parts.

I said it was a pain but actualy it just has to be done with some time . plus i had problems taking the door apart . now i know how it works.If i had someone to help me out it would probably be done really fast.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
where did you get the led's from and how hard was it and how long did install take, i want to do the door handle mod with red leds

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where did you get the led's from and how hard was it and how long did install take, i want to do the door handle mod with red leds
-Autozone suberbright pk of 3 ( available red , blue ,amber , green and white) $ 9.90
- it took me 3 hours cause i had to figure it out pretty much everything.
I have pretty much everythnig figured out in my head.
I can do another one and then take pictures and write everything up
( trust me you will need pictures)
If some local guy wants to do the mod before Julianfang i will have no problems with that.

Well, you have the green dash so using green LEDs might have been better.
I like blue and i wanted to create a blue green scheme it looks really nice especially cause my head uint is green/blue. ( tired of everything green)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I want mine done :D

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just pm'ed Curry.
Hopefully we are going to do Curry's B5 this weekend then we are going to take pictures and write up the "how to" as requested.

cheers :drink:

·
Registered
454 Posts
It looks like you have the old style mirror adjustment control, the kind that doesn't break off easy like the knob does. Do you have a daytime pic? Where did you get the control? BTW it looks great.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1.8Tabamoura, do you have tint on your car now? If so I think you were speeding with me on 93N on monday, or tuesday!
I dont have tint. but monday night i was keeping up with a Black or dark blue B5 V6 on 93 N right before the new liberty tunnel . he took one exit before the tunnel i flashed the high beams
was it you?

Dude we got to get clubb5 stickers.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts