Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to look into getting custom made rotors for my '02 passat W8.

I need to know

For Rotor
1. thickness of rotor
2. outside diameter or rotor
3. Flange diameter
4. Eye diameter
5. size of holes and number of holes in rotor
6. Bolt circle ( from pic looks like diameter or bolt circle not sure though)
7. Flange thickness
8. Step depth
For rotor Hat
1. Maximum diameter for caliper clearance
2. Minimum diameter to fir over hub
3. Center bore diameter
4. Actual offset
5. Face thickness
6. Number of holes, hole size and circle rotor mount
7. number of holes, hole size and bolt circle stud pattern

If you have W8 brakes off your car, front and rear if possible, can you please measure these things. Also, if anyone knows where else i could find this i would greatly appreciate it.

PS. I will ask them if they would do a group buy on any rotors that they make for me

·
Registered
697 Posts
Out of curiosity... WHY?
Considering all of the variations of the W8 (12.3") rotors to include 2pc. floating units AND the 13.1" units ECS Tuning offers... why or what are you going to Spec Build that will be different?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ecs tuning does not offer rotors for the W8 anymore, they said that there was a problem fitting them and they are working on a solution with no ETA. the 12.3" 2pc. floating ones are for the A8 and are smaller than stock w8 brakes, why downgrade?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I don't think it's a wise idea to have a custom rotor made when an OEM already exists. I will contact Disc Brake Australia in the morning and provide my chassis number in order to see if they have a direct replacement for 4B3-615-301A. I know they have a replacement rotor for 4B3-615-301 (Audi S6, All-Road 2.7T), but there may be an issue with the wheel offset. AWE-Tuning carries the slotted DBA 4000 series rotors for $319.00US, but I'm interested in the 2 piece 5000 series! :D

Check out their website:
Disc Brake Australia
http://www.dba.com.au/default.asp

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Nenad said:
Go and ask www.precisionbrakescompany.com they have this kind of datas, just tell them what you have (model,etc.) and what do you want you will get offer in 2 weeks (at least happened to me) :thumbup:
Nenad, you shouldn't have any problems getting a BBK for your car. RPI-Equipped has a Wilwood based system for $1400US. This is the kit I ran on my SC'd 4 Motion until I made the switch to Stoptech. Running on Ferrodo pads, the 4 piston Wilwood's ran great! Initially I ran Motul brake-fluid, but I ended up switching to ATE SuperBlue so I could run multiple events without bleeding and replacing.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Thanks Swami, I have on front Brembo 2piece 320x28mm with alu hat, drilled and 4piston mono calipers and Pagid (blue). I am now looking for rears 50%-50% look and balancing front/rear performance (not that I am suffering any problem).My tought is- if VW made front rotors bigger for 17,6%compared to rears, I should try to keep this way, so I think to change rears for 269-280mm

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought that you knew for sure that the offset or hat is diffrent between the S4, or A6 and the W8. That is why ecstuning took the rotors off their site. http://www.pgperformance.com/. has a big brake kit for the W8, or so they say, I spoke to them today and they are going to make sure that there are no clearance issues before they will sell me the kit. I would rather get replacement rotors, and am looking into www.precisionbrakescompany.com and www.truechoice.com for custom rotors and hats. The pgperformance site seems like the best bet, they also have porche calipers and carriers that will fir our stock rotors so that is awesome even if i get replacement rotors i can get porche calipers. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
jeffsu350
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing