Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1.8T.....hey i just got my TechTonics Turbo back exaust... and i am running the tily down hidden tips.. i was thinking of gettin a W8 rear valance and running a strait pipe- with dual Tip for the left side, then mabye running a fake setup on the right side, since there are two slots for exaust - right isnt there... How much are W8 rear valances.. Also.. anyone have pics of a W8 rear end- close up.. also do you guys think this is dumb, or different..? and do you think i would be better off just leavings a empty slot on the right side..?????

*dare to be different??? :crazy:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh well it was just an idea... - and as for you- thanks for your nagative input- you've been alot of help.. dickhead

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Elee said:
yeh well it was just an idea... - and as for you- thanks for your nagative input- you've been alot of help.. dickhead
yes and you are a dick for backing out of a sale :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

doesn't matter tho . . . they sold quickly and I got what i wanted for them

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Elee said:
Dare to be rice would a more appropriate description.

And since you asked for a response, it is dumb. However, the W8 stock valence is about 150.00

W8 valence installed on a 4 motion with TRUE dual exhausts.

It would be better if you just did a cut out on the driver's side (as most people do) rather than having a useless slot on the passenger side.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Styling's a matter of persoanl taste , don't run down someone for a difference of opinion to your own. Why did Audi put twin pipes on the A4 1.8T and the 2.4 8) ? Not to appeal to rice boys I bet ..after all , how many have pockets that deep ? Most of the twin piped cars I've seen dont really need twin pipes (MR2 , RX7 (b) , etc) but they do look different and sporty as a result. Most BMW's dont actually vent from the second pipe on the twin rear either. Good luck with your mod i hope it works out for you and look forward to seeing the pics , I'm sure that many will ask how you did it.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Totally Loaded said:
Styling's a matter of persoanl taste , don't run down someone for a difference of opinion to your own. Why did Audi put twin pipes on the A4 1.8T and the 2.4 8) ? Not to appeal to rice boys I bet ..after all , how many have pockets that deep ? Most of the twin piped cars I've seen dont really need twin pipes (MR2 , RX7 (b) , etc) but they do look different and sporty as a result. Most BMW's dont actually vent from the second pipe on the twin rear either. Good luck with your mod i hope it works out for you and look forward to seeing the pics , I'm sure that many will ask how you did it.
You people confuse me. :???:

also do you guys think this is dumb, or different..? and do you think i would be better off just leavings a empty slot on the right side..?????
He did ask for comments right?

·
0 Posts
Also how is comparing a Audi's choice of adding a true dual exhaust on the A4 apply to his rice rice dreams of adding a bolted on non functioning tip.

And please for the love of mike stop using the that old "Stylings a matter of taste" argument, becuase if that was true you wouldnt laugh everytime you see stuff like this!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
20vvillian said:
Also how is comparing a Audi's choice of adding a true dual exhaust on the A4 apply to his rice rice dreams of adding a bolted on non functioning tip.

And please for the love of mike stop using the that old "Stylings a matter of taste" argument, becuase if that was true you wouldnt laugh everytime you see stuff like this!

i don't laugh when i see that . . .

i vomit :puke:

·
Registered
184 Posts
personally i would be embarassed to do this to my car

Elee said:
anyone who knows anything about anything in the VW/Audi community will know that its fake, thus inducing laughter, possibly even name calling...

JM2C

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Listen, i could care less what you think if its goign to be a nagative comment... I was ASKING for thoughts on it, i was thinin that mabye sumoen had done this...i am most likely not going too- i think i am going to go with a custom cut job on my stock valnce and fit it with an oval tip for the borla/TT turboback... I thought this Club was for support and help.. not to attack sumone and make fun... and also, that picture of that stupid eclipse is probably your car- so why dont you keep your negative comments to yourself... i enjoy being on this site and helping others out, i wish you would do the same.. :mad:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think you've lost the plot on this one. I saw no mention of plastic padding in the original note , but that pic looks real bad ..taken locally i'd guess , no more said. Functioning tip or not , the A4 doesn't have a vee engine and doesn't need a twin exhaust so its just a styling statement. If the guy wants a twin tail look, who cares if the second pipe doesn't function ? Personally I'd try to get it connected . I've seen more radical "styling" and tuning ideas on this forum than fitting a non functioning exhaust to a Passat. Lighten up fellas go easy on the guy ! :roll:

·
Registered
382 Posts
julianfang said:
Elee said:
Dare to be rice would a more appropriate description.

And since you asked for a response, it is dumb. However, the W8 stock valence is about 150.00

W8 valence installed on a 4 motion with TRUE dual exhausts.

It would be better if you just did a cut out on the driver's side (as most people do) rather than having a useless slot on the passenger side.
Only 150 bucks?!?! I have been toying with the idea of cutting mine but don't quite have the stones....Id hate to f**k it up, I got a set of the A6 2.7T tips a few months back and was grappling with how to make it work, not too brave with the dremel...does the black part come off of the bumper cover or is it one big piece...any ideas would be appreciated...JF you are the man around here....and a MASS-Hole to boot!!

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
the grainy plastic piece apparently can come off (at least based on my conversation with airwalk). I'd check with autobarn or liberty on the actual prices. I'm pretty sure it's even lower than the 150. And make sure that you tell them you only want the valence, not the whole rear bumper.

So you'd basically just swap that piece with your existing piece and voila - dual cutouts.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Elee said:
Listen, i could care less what you think if its goign to be a nagative comment... I was ASKING for thoughts on it, i was thinin that mabye sumoen had done this...i am most likely not going too- i think i am going to go with a custom cut job on my stock valnce and fit it with an oval tip for the borla/TT turboback... I thought this Club was for support and help.. not to attack sumone and make fun... and also, that picture of that stupid eclipse is probably your car- so why dont you keep your negative comments to yourself... i enjoy being on this site and helping others out, i wish you would do the same.. :mad:

first of all . . .learn to spell.

2nd of all . . . if you're asking for our thoughts . . . you have to take them both positive and negative

3rd . . . when have you helped others out on this site? :poke:

perhaps the folks at www.clubsi.com can help you with this fake dual exhaust mod

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.