Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The back and forth is why I don't go there and ask. Not all searches are equal, otherwise we wouldn't have to always ask. I tried reading most of it but like you said lots of bitching back and forth.
Guess I'll pull a part number off an injector and try to find out. I swear the srt4 platform was so much easier to deal with. But I like the challenge and feel/sound of my W8 more.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
There's a fair share of pretentious pricks over on the Vortex forum.
I never signed to that forum just because of that. Back years ago keithwbloom was very active here on this site and was well respected. I know of a few occasions they just tore into him on the Vortex forum. Utter ridiculousness.

Reactions: PZ

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've always had great luck on vortex with my Sportwagen...no pricks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As far the supercharger goes, if I were to go that option, I'd opt for M112. More volume at less pressure = less heat.
I've even considered a stand alone intercooler. Again, if I were to go that route, I'd use the same setup as the G2 style s/c so I could set it right on top of the engine with a modified lower intake manifold.

I gotta admit, the cool factor of having a s/c'd W8 is very enticing to say the least.

I'm 'the' programmer here at my work for all of the CNC's, so I've got a lot of resources at my fingertips.
Not to mention I have all of my own CAD / CAM software.

All this fantasizing has got me thinking again.
Just need to get out of the apartment living and get into a house. ?
so where are you finding a super charger for a W8? i live in the US and i've searched for 3 years. I have found one for an Audi 4.2L which i'm almost positive would work but a direct fit S- charger i haven't found anything. as for turbo's if you have a sedan type there is zero physical space in the engine compartment for a turbo unless it's above the hood. i've spent untold hours trying to figure out a workable config and i haven't come up with one. i can get an appropriate cooler placed but as for the right sized turbo's... unless you want a ton of turbo lag it ain't happening.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
As far as a bolt on supercharger? None. A custom adapter plate to the lower intake manifold would have to be made.
I might have even still have an actual 3d CAD model somewhere buried on one my hard drives.
Based on the research I had done at the time an Eaton M112 would've been the way to go.
I had actually called and talked to the people over PES Tuning (which is now no more - under some other name and ownership) about doing a custom tune for the ECU. It was definitely doable but it would have been a little spendy to get everything completely dialed in just right.

I had never actually considered turbos for an end solution.

FYI,
I have since given up on this idea and all design work associated with it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It's just low on my prioritizes currently, but I'm coming back to it in a little while.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts