Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I yanked an engine from a car we stumbled upon while searching for other parts. We couldn’t bear to think it might be melted down, so my brother and I returned the following weekend to yank her out. It was painful to do, I wish I could have got this car just for parts myself.

I will be returning the compressor and power steering pump soon as both items are new on my car, unless someone else has a use for them.
The abs module got damaged in shipping (darned UPS lol) but the other accessories are just peachy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For now I’m going to seal off all the hoses that I can and tuck her away in the barn. I’d love to make a little kit car with it someday but would likely need a whole donor car for the wiring harness. At the very least I would clean the parts up and make some cross sections and things like auto shows have.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't suppose you would be willing to part with the a/c compressor would you? While driving into my sister W8 car, I found out that the compressor is toast.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't suppose you would be willing to part with the a/c compressor would you? While driving into my sister W8 car, I found out that the compressor is toast.
If you're still looking for a compressor, there is a W8 at my local salvage yard. If the compressor is there and seems to be in working condition, I could pull it for you. Don't know where you are, but could ship it to you for what I pay and the cost of shipping. Just let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure can. It has been inside since I removed it from the old car. It would be a gamble though as it is too late to return if the pump doesn’t work.
Pm me and I can send it your way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts