Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know who here in this forum owns or had a W8?
I know there are other forums for W8's, but if possible, I'd like to stay in this forum for reasons we all know.
Best damn forum out there :cool:

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I forgot, do you have factory wheels or aftermarkets?
I need a new set of wheels and I'm looking to get something a bit wider than stock.
Clearances are all different than the B5, B5.5 and this is all new to me again.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dropped his name in one of my other posts today. Matter of fact, he invited me over to one of the 'other' forums. I should really take him up on that offer. Can't hurt to poke around over there.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine was a 2003 identical to Jay's. One of the first few 6 speeds delivered on the east coast back in the day. Pic is with the springs and 18 inch BBS RE's with 235/40R18 Dunlop Sport MAXX at the time.
Cool. So you can get some 235's on the car. Like I posted before, this is all new to me for the W8. I'd like to have 235's minimum on my car with 18" wheels.
I think that would be most all-around best set-up. A nice low profile for the twisty roads and still yet streetable for the everyday drive on Wisconsin's crappy roads.

·
clemclan is offline.
1,057 Posts
Just curious - did you get the one at a south suburban Chicago dealership in the last few weeks? Blue sedan w/the 6 speed stick. I think it was an '03. In any event, we need pix!

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Cool. So you can get some 235's on the car. Like I posted before, this is all new to me for the W8. I'd like to have 235's minimum on my car with 18" wheels.
I think that would be most all-around best set-up. A nice low profile for the twisty roads and still yet streetable for the everyday drive on Wisconsin's crappy roads.
Yes they fit perfectly and that's with H&R Sport springs. I just didn't think a 225/40R18 was enough tire for the weight of the W8 - pun lol.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts