Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added the overhead console w/ sunroof on there B5? I want to get one, I love'em in a BMW! Is there anything I should know? Do the two swap out easily? Or do I need to buy an adapter? :weirdo: THANKS

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It gives you the red overhead lighting, and it lights up all the settings. They are at evolutionsports.com

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the write up JokerUNM!! 8) HAVE YOU DONE THIS mod? Is it easier than it looks? :weirdo:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I bought mine from Evolution Sports. I also go the switch with the backlight knob. $157 after shipping. They give you everything you need for the setup. All wires and even tie wraps for tying the wires to the existing bundles of wires are provided. Changing the panel itself, takes 2 minutes. The hard part is running the wires down the A pillar to the dashboard. You have to push the wire into the headliner and fish it out by the A pillar. Its a little tricky but once you have that done, its easy. Good luck!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I would have done the same but no one is selling those and they are VERY rare. You just got lucky!

Oh I see, you modified your existing. Heh, well its $75 to buy an already modified knob.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yea, I realized I got pretty lucky a few months after I bought it. The person I bought it from had sent me the modfied knob with the switch.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Well the write up has the part numbers. Anyone interested might want to make a call down to Liberty and ask for the ClubB5 price.(suppose to be 10% over cost)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Bought my kit from Hillside Imports. Came with all wiring harnesses and detailed instructions. And as a matter of fact, the install is easier than it looks and sounds :wink:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I took evolution sports w-8 console and illuminated switch to my local VW dealer. They happily installed it for me in about 30 minutes for $25. Not bad if you aren't automotively handy!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Anyone know hill tops price?
Impex is:

3B7947106A2EN W8 Reading Light With Sunroof Pearl Grey $68.69
3B0972706 HOUSING $2.55
000979131 WIRE/TERMI $1.74

Also part number for illuminated switch?

·
Registered
388 Posts
anyone got pics of all of this? would really lke to see how it looks. i was thinking about lighting the interior and i just found out about the w8 overhead lighting. sounds like a quick and easy mod for the first part of the lighting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had the W-8 panel in my GTI for over a year. Really like it. But, the lights are awfully bright in the dark, so I put 4 amber w5w bulbs from the dealer in it. Perfect. The map lights are very functional, but don't blind you. And when you open the door, you get a cool amber glow, without glare. And of course the reason we bought it, the red led's are a very nice touch in the cabin.

John

1 - 20 of 32 Posts