Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic was here a bit ago, I just wanted to make sure i'm getting the right product.
I'm looking to buy thru evolution sports and sent them an email on what i needed to purchase, but no response yet, and i wanted to get going.
I have a 2003 Passat 1.8T, which i'm assuming is the B5.5.....The color is mojave biege with the gray fabric overhead...(if anyone has mojave biege, could you confirm to me the color of the fabric overhead)
I also have a sunroof.................what parts do i need to order? what comes with those parts? bulbs, wiring, ect?
I also want the map lights that shoot down to your center console to be the same color as the sunroof dial led's.
Do i need to order special bulbs with this color or do they come with the console itself?
As always, thanks much for your assistance

·
Registered
716 Posts
This link:

https://www.evolutionsports.com/productDetail.cfm?catID=125&ProductID=1831

is for a complete plug and play kit that should fit your car. The bottom picture shows the contents. Check out the write up in the information forum. They did the wiring from scratch there, but the kit should be even easier. The only thing that is not clearly shown is a connector to tap the wire at the light switch for dimming on the console. Other than that, it looks complete.

As far as different color bulbs, you'll have to figure out what different colors you want and order them.

Good luck

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does the kit you guys are looking for include the two LED's for the rear view mirror?

I have seen a lot of discussion on this topic and was wondering if the GLS and GLX have the two LED lights already in the mirror.

Just info, my W8 has two on the moonroof console and two on the mirror...all pointing down to the center console.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Vee-acht said:
Does the kit you guys are looking for include the two LED's for the rear view mirror?

I have seen a lot of discussion on this topic and was wondering if the GLS and GLX have the two LED lights already in the mirror.

Just info, my W8 has two on the moonroof console and two on the mirror...all pointing down to the center console.
I have a 2002 GLX 4Motion and it has the two LED's in the mirror.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Firefly6 said:
VW2003 said:
...(if anyone has mojave biege, could you confirm to me the color of the fabric overhead)
Someone else will probably know for sure, but I think all headliners are light gray
Actually, black and gray interiors have gray headliners. Beige interiors have beige headliners. Depending on the model year of your Passat there might be two different tones of beige. VW currently uses "late beige". I'm not sure what year they started using this color. Call evolutionsports.com's 1800 number, tell them your model year, and they will hook you up with with the correct color of beige for the console.

·
Registered
388 Posts
VW2003 - dont 4get to order the sunroof dial also ($75). If not the sunroof knob will not have a light. I am looking to change my dome light for the W8 also as my first mod. I have a 2001.5 w/ beige leather. So I have beige headliner. And yes, 2001.5+ are considered B5.5.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Beavis said:
I have a W8, and I didn't realize the overhead was different... what's different about it? Is is the red light or something?
Notice how the the sunroof dial, dome light rocker switch, and maplights are illuminated on your W-8, Beavis. Also notice how you have those two red LEDs that shine down and illuminate the center console. That is a W-8 specific feature. Other models have a different overhead console that doesn't have those illuminated controls. Many forum members, such as myself, however, have added that W-8 specific overhead console to their GL, GLS, and GLX cars. Also, interestingly, that same panel fits many other VW models as well. Even more interestingly is that VW makes a non-sunroof model of that illuminated overhead console, and it can be found at VW parts stores, such as www.evolution.com

As far as the headliner goes, however, it is the same as with all other models of Passats. Black and gray interiors get a gray headliner, beige interiors get a beige one. However, over the past couple of years the particular color of beige has changed. VW currenetly uses a color called "late beige:. Guess what, they are changing their color of beige again to "pure beige" towards the end of this year. They are also changing several of their paint colors. Take a look at their website under "standard features and options" for more details.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
GoldenPassat said:
VW2003 - dont 4get to order the sunroof dial also ($75). If not the sunroof knob will not have a light. I am looking to change my dome light for the W8 also as my first mod. I have a 2001.5 w/ beige leather. So I have beige headliner. And yes, 2001.5+ are considered B5.5.
IMO, it's not worth $75 MORE dollars just to have a light on the sunroof dial. You don't need it! It's not like you don't know if the sunroof is open or not. Unnecessary, and definitely not worth it to double cost of the W8 overhead console just for one more small LED.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You can always have more fun adding your own LED to the dial... check out the Info Forum on how to DIY for super cheap. :thumbup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Somewhere in the forums a Clubb5 member actually used a blue LED in the dial switch that contrasts nicely with the red dial surround. I'm not sure where his instructions are but it looks really nice. The only problem is that it is harder to match up the correct color to match the rest of the blue dials and indicators than it is for red. Most blue LEDs that people add to their Passats look aftermarket because the color doesn'nt match up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts