Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please photos of the stereo & dash at night with the W8 overhead ambient lights shining on it? I wanna see how much or how little light it sheds in the car.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not much... look for some pictures of A4's... they have the same setup. It really doesn't illuminate the dask a lot, it is more there for reading something during the night I think... like if you held a map up to it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just installed my W8 overhead/sunroof console about a week ago. Taking a photo of it at night, which i tried with a decent digital camera, doesnt do it justice.
I can tell you that mine was with the sunroof dial also lit up. You wire it to your dimmer switch that controls how bright your dash is. It comes standard with bulb color being that of your vents, window switches, ect color.
I have my dash on the brightest setting and the overhead console sends just the right amount of light down to light up my center console below. Again, it sends just the right amount without it bothering you. Remember, i'm talking about the highest setting, if for some reason its too bright, just dimmer it down.
I'm extremely happy with it, now there's no more grabbing at things that i cant see in the center console.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Curry
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing