Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the archives but can't find anything specific to the W8 HID headlights and wiring the car-side for the leveling motors. There's 2+ and 2- on the four smaller pins. The motors I put into the other lights I've done of course are the three wire ones.

Any idea which is supposed to go where? I'm wondering if there's just a way to put the wires to the leads and testing them but I'm really worried about frying something.

Thanks for any help!
John
[email protected]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's got to be someone out there that knows how I can get at least the schematic for the W8 headlights. I just need to know which wire is what on the four pins coming out. There appears to be two + and two -. On the three wire motors there's a ground, 12v and then the signal wire.

Any ideas on what to do on these other than taking the lights apart?

Thanks guys!
John

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, I got an idea :)

Connect all of these wires to the automatic leveling control unit that is supposed to be in the back of you car.

I currently don't have any wiring diagrams on hand, but it's quite some work. the cables go from the headlights to the wiring points in the a pillars and then on to the back of your car.

You will also need the automatic leveling sensors on the front and rear axle.

Regards,
Morton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts