Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ole' Swami is starting to enjoy my 2 week vacation. I made it down to Virginia International Raceway for the ACNA (Audi Club) Drivers School and had a blast! It was great meeting a few Audi owners who wanted to learn about their cars blended with a little performance driving! I even got a chance to roll the old W8 out there with some Toyo T1-s, with my suspension modifications. :D It rained but I was able to get a few laps in before it got muggy. The car handled better than I thought but I still need to upgrade VW's rear swaybar. :lol: Kelly at Wett is going to get a bottle of XO from me because my W8's mid-and-high end pulls like a bee-stung mule. I can't wait for VW or GIAC to do a TCU flash/chip for my transmission, because if I had the ability to downshift a little faster, the W8 would be a beast! I hate you 6 Speed W8-Owners, I hate you, I hate you... :D

Now my treat for the day was pushing an Audi RS6 to the limit, and then telling Frank (Audi Instructor/Trans-America Racer) that my Benzo would crush this thing on long-tracks. :shock: Looks like Round 2 is coming up! (Kleemann vs AWE-Tuning) Some of the guys posted a few flicks on AudiWorld, and please don't laugh at my dirty shirt. I spilled oil on it and couldn't Shout-It-Out.

Peace and Blessings,

Swami aka Will

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I'm so envious. I still gotta run VIR at least twice this year. :weirdo:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Did they open Shenendoah yet?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright I have a new race album! Ceasar Commanche's Paper Gods...

The Justus League is whatchu need... :lol:

I just completed 30 minutes of driving in the W8, and I must say that I'm very very pleased with the Axxis Ultimates on my stock rotors. The pads held up well, but I did notice some fading which was to be expected on plain-faced rotors. The S4 guys keep telling me that there's an aftermarket company who makes slotted/drilled factory replacements for the W8, and as soon as I get the word I'll post it on B5.

Guys, the A3 Audi is so freaking fast and a AutoX dream. I also saw a guy with a very fast charcoal grey All-Road with a modded S6 engine. I didn't know that Bilstein has a PSS9 setup for the All-Road which drops it down to a race configuration then brings it back up for some off-roading. :shock:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
hell yea, the S4 would defiantely be sweet. keeping the W8 right?
do you ever heard over to Silver Diner on thursday nites? i was checking out a thread on the v-tex about euros meeting up there on thursday nites.

Daniel

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I've pushed the Benz up there a few times. I want to keep the miles low on my W8 because I drive up to Bedford, Mass once a month for work. If I can find an S4 in good condition then I would be able to have a fun little rocket for the long drives up North.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
The Swami
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing