Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to posting up some pictures of the Euro taillights I bought during Kurt's (Guft) GB over at CB5.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Lookin' good!

It strikes me as kind of funny that some B5.5 folks go to the Euro tails and thereby lose the lower brake lights, but B5 folks do the mod to add the lower brakes lights.

Personally, I want to add the rear fog but keep all 4 brake lights.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments guys. :drink:

Ricky, (RL331) looks who's talking about show offs. :p Mr. W8 wheels and suspension done this past weekend. :lol:

Will, (The Swami) Justin has answered your questions, about these. :wink:

Larrs, This is very true its like someone said a while back about disconnecting our DRLs. They were like if we didn't have them and there would be a way to where we could all of us would be modding our rides with Day time running lights. :crazy: Now as for the 4 cicle look I was never a big fan of them plus I didn't want to start hacking up my US bulb holder in order to get the Rear fog to work. So I switched to the euro style changing the bulb holders. Then when the GB came for the tailights I jumped on it along with a few others.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Flippped- Glad to see you got them installed, I might steal your pictures when the next GB rolls around. Might not be for a little bit until the Euro and Dollar even out a little bit, otherwise it'll end up being $300 per set :shock: :weirdo:

On that note, if anyone is interested, you can check out the GB thread in the GB section for more info, and send me a PM, if theres enough interest again (3-4 sets) I'll work on getting more.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
redb5sdca said:
what Is the difference between those and regular ones :???: seriously.

Nick
The US spec ones are FULL circles AND all 4 circles light up while braking. If one were to replace ONLY the holders and NOT the lenses, like me :) , then only the 2 top FULL circles light up while braking while the rear fog is the lower left FULL circle.

Euro lenses are 2/3rd circles at the top when braking and rear fog is lower 2/3rd circle on lower left. Hope that makes a little sense - sorry if it doesn't.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nick, hope Ricky was able to explain this to you I know the sun has affected your train of thought out there. :p

·
Registered
479 Posts
Flippped or Gurft: Do these Euro lights use the same bulb as the US lights? Just wondering if they are as bright. I just really like all that light back there when I step on the brake ... anything to help the guy behind me notice!

I guess Europeans must have better vision than Americans. Why else would DOT require side marker lights? Why else would VW put more brakelights on a US Passat? :wink:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The Euro lights use the exact same bulbs as the US lights, and are the same brightness, you're just missing one of the circles.

In all honesty, the US Passat has MUCH more in the light of brake lights than almost any other vehicle on the road. I woudl wager that if you measured the size of the light area on a Passat and compared it to most SUVs, it would be more and brighter.... kinda the reason I wasn't worried when I put these on my Variant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Gurft
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing