Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, one of my good friends who is also a VW Service Advisor had his W8 chipped by SpeedtuningUSA. After a few minor changes in the program, the chip looks like a solid solution for those looking for extra power in their Passats. After doing a little more research I find out that the Speedtuning Chip is actually an upgrade from Upsolute!

Kellen, also keeps telling me that GIAC and a new company called EED is working on a ECU upgrade for the W8. EEC is pretty new in the VW market, but they currently do chips for LTuned Lexus.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The Swami said:
Alright, one of my good friends who is also a VW Service Advisor had his W8 chipped by SpeedtuningUSA. After a few minor changes in the program, the chip looks like a solid solution for those looking for extra power in their Passats. After doing a little more research I find out that the Speedtuning Chip is actually an upgrade from Upsolute!

Kellen, also keeps telling me that GIAC and a new company called EED is working on a ECU upgrade for the W8. EEC is pretty new in the VW market, but they currently do chips for LTuned Lexus.
OK, SpeedtuningUSA is a 1-man operation, a guy named Oli. His files are from Speedtuning of Austria which is NOT UPsolute, even though our HQ is also in Austria. Prior to chiptuning, they offered TDi tuning boxes.

Company history:
1996: Foundation of the company SpeedTuning® in Austria
since 1998: Homebase Linz, Austria
annual car show (i.e. Design Center Linz)
1999: Main distributor for SpeedBuster®/Germany for Austria.
2001: Foundation of SpeedTuning® USA, Spencerville, MD.

UPsolute *does offer W8 tuning* though as I've mentioned before...$350 + tax.... :wink:[/b]

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
4Liters said:
Upsolute doesn't really say anything about the W8 chip on their site. Neither does Neuspeed, anyone know why they wouldn't publicize that?
we are slow at updating the site. We have tuning for several W8 ECU codes, TIPs and 6-speeds.

contact Lanny Richardson [email protected] in Chino Hills if you'd like to get the upgrade.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Hey Scott I pretty much know the answer to this but I figure I would ask. Have you guys done any comparisons with the Wett chip against yours yet?

Larry

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Flippped said:
Hey Scott I pretty much know the answer to this but I figure I would ask. Have you guys done any comparisons with the Wett chip against yours yet?

Larry
Not yet, but if any of you guys want to try it out I can demo the chip for you.....if you pre-pay for the chip, I'll give you 30 days to play with it (our normal satisfaction "window"...100% refund if not satisifed (including ECU rework fees, which are normally not refundable)

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Three weeks now with WETT.. I've gained 2 mpg in my normal mixed loop and it's more responsive at part & full throttle...

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i week with the wett w8 chip. mpg has gone up 1.5 atleast, sometimes two mpg. definatly more power between 3500 and 6000 rpms, the car noticaly pulls harder and sounds meaner in the upper rpms. it is definatly more responsive, but i do have the laggy tip, but the rpms will shoot up, then it will shift gears eventually, before it waited for rpms to jump them shifted. so off the line is a little faster too

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do we know how much HP the chip is going to give us? Also i am more concerned about the lag in my transmission. Is there anything out there that will get the shifting a bit quicker. some kind of Tip upgrade?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
the wett chip gives you 290 hp and 288 ft/lbs of torque. i think giac is working on an ecu chip as well as a tip chip. but we dont know when to expect these things

1 - 17 of 17 Posts