Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Check out the classified's. This wheel, called Madras by BBS, sells all the time. Although you wont likely get what they're really worth...look around.

-Wapptor

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
You would be better off posting this up as a for sale ad in the classifieds. There is already a set for sale, asking 1100 iirc with tires. If the wheels are in great shape, Im sure you will get a nice set of benjamins in your wallet, no matter what.

BTW, welcome to the club, and enjoy.

Steve

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The "madras" BBS OEM wheels from the W8 sport package is a very rare wheel.

I know there are people out there hoping for someone like you to sell their "madras" so that they can get their hands on them.

I know that Votex has another BBS 2 pc Votex wheel with 7 or 9 spokes if you are in europe I guess you can order a pair.

I personally would hang on to them but if you know that you honestly won't use them because you want an 18 or 19 inch wheel on your car all the time then you might as well let them go.

I honestly feel that 17 is the ideal size for the passat (they should have all come with 17 wheels)

And that my friend was a whole lot of NOTHING. :crazy:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
I have to agree I always wished the Madras were avalialble when I bought my W8. But ubfortunately they weren't. If so I would have done exaclty what another memeber already mentioned. I would have kept them just for winter use and my BBS for Summer.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Uggghhhh, I hate to be the odd-man out but the Madras are dead ugly. They look like fake BBS RX's and they are quite heavy! I have to agree with the recommendation of using them as winter wheels. Go out and snag a set of 17 or 18" BBS, and come out pimpin'....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Swami I like your honesty I don't really like them all that much because they look like a bitch to clean.

I was merely highlighting the fact that they are BBS OEM wheels.

You know some peoply get hard when they hear the name BBS. I don't know what that is all about. (well I mean I do know)

I am one of those people that like to raid the OEM parts bins for upgrades to my car. So if I wanted a BBS wheel but I wanted an OEM 17 inch wheel then I would go with the Madras.

I actually prefer the look of the phoenix wheel more than the madras so If I still have my passat in the next couple of years I will try to buy a set of take offs instead of the replicas that www.aaarims.com and www.discounttiredirect.com are selling.

:poke: Okay I will shut up now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.