Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few weeks of waiting, I finally got the word from BBS about correct fitment information for their wheels and the W8 Passat. As most of you know there's some issues about incorrect fitment information on various Tire/Wheel websites for BBS wheels and the W8 Passat. Through my race sponsor I sent a written letter to BBS in Germany and their U.S. Distributor in Braselton, GA and an engineer was kind enough to give me a call.

Alright guys, here's the word!! BBS tests all fitments on various cars, but their Worldwide site doesn't differentiate between the B5/5.5/W8 Passats. This will change soon, and BBS is adding new models like the Touareg and R32 wheel fitments on the site as well. Also, you can call a BBS Distributor directly and get the correct fitment from them for your car. I stopped trusting Tirerack for BBS when some fitment listings were dead-wrong for the W8. Here's a telephone number they provided:

BBS North America: 1-770-967-9848

The engineer also stated that BBS considers Tirerack one of the best distributors in the United States and that it troubled him that they didn't contact them about fitment issues with VW's.

BBS RGR's in a 35mm offset will fit the W8.

Also, there's no difference in the front brake clearance between the 6 Speed, Tiptronic, Sport and non-Sport Edition W8's.. That's from VW and BBS!!!!

I hope this helps.. BBS wants to hear from you guys, so stand up!!!

:D

Peace and Blessings,

Will aka The Swami

·
Registered
9 Posts
Using a 30 or 32mm offset wheel on the Passat will bring the wheel out to the edge of the fender and depending on the tire size and brand, it may hang out past the edge of the fender. BBS in Germany lists 18x8.5 and 19x8.5 wheels with a 32mm offset and the RA wheel with 30mm of offset, THESE ARE AGGRESSIVE applications. If you do not want that aggressive German Tuner style look, stay away from the wheels having an offset lower than 35mm. (Rolling fender lips and other chassis modifications are an everyday thing in Germany.)

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radtech hit the nail on the head about the offset issues. Also BBS is working on a new U.S. Site that will give us more information about their products and fitment.

Now here's where Ole' Swami cracked a huge X-MAS grin. BBS will even take schematics and specifications of Big Brake Packages and check to see if they will fit their wheels. :thumbup:

Now let me shakedown Uncle Sam and throw a set of RGR's on the W8!!!

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I'm very impressed by BBS' dedication to customer service. I even called them back yesterday to check on a few other setups for my W8.

I can't wait for their U.S. Site to be up and running! :thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
BBS Wheels eh? As far as quality and styling goes, they are number one for me. I can't think of putting another wheel on a VW.

The range of products they make is dazzling also. Just because a wheel is not aftermarket or has a visible BBS stamp doesn't mean it's not BBS. The majority of German cars and european vehicles come with BBS wheels. The lowliest 15in stock wheels on a GLS Passat have the same high quality as a set of big buck LMs.

BBS is a real class act, it pays to be at the top of your game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts