Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people I have a b5 2002 w8 4 sale. Where is a good place to list it?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
List it here.
Classifieds

Can you tell us some more info?
Miles, the shape it's in, automatic, manual, service records available, color inside and out and price?

·
Registered
26,803 Posts
Can you tell ME some more info? Most importantly, is it Black?

Miles, the shape it's in, automatic, manual, service records available, color inside and out and price?
Fixed it for you :p

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Fixed it for you :p
Sheesh, I'm never gonna live that down.
Meh, at least I'll be famous for something. :cool:

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,730 Posts
Well, you could be a productive member of the site for a while and accumulate the 25 post minimum to put a thread here (somewhere on this site) on it. We're protective of our membership and feel that in order to be granted permission to post a classified thread at PassatWorld, you must contribute to the community.

My guess is that you're at the end of ownership of any Passat? Any help you can offer to other W8 owner/members or Passat owners in general here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Like is it black, or a wagon.
😉 Sorry, I might be a new guy around here, but I'd just like to laugh with the rest of ya..... And I'm still looking for a wagon.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Well, you could be a productive member of the site for a while and accumulate the 25 post minimum to put a thread here (somewhere on this site) on it. We're protective of our membership and feel that in order to be granted permission to post a classified thread at PassatWorld, you must contribute to the community.

My guess is that you're at the end of ownership of any Passat? Any help you can offer to other W8 owner/members or Passat owners in general here would be appreciated.
I was thinking the exact same thing but I refrained from saying it.
I get the impression that OP is tired of this car and just wants it gone, so where better to dump it.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Did anyone ever hear back from the Op?
He logged in 5 days ago, other than that it seems the OP might be nothing but a ghost.

While this is fresh in my mind, I'm stepping up to my podium to bitch for a minute.
If you're going to sell something, check back on the responses. That's like 3 times in a row now I've had deep interest in something for sale and the person doesn't shine around for weeks on end.
If you're not checking in, that tells me you're really not over the point of letting go and aren't serious about selling in the first place.
When you're ready to commit to selling, great, post it up, if you're wishy washy, save that shyte for craigslist.

Rant done.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Seems to be an automobile forum thing - might call them the "drive-by posters". Get a bunch of the forum regulars all involved, then never check back in.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,730 Posts
It’s even worse now that the forum software change recently did away with any posting restrictions that keep this type of thing at bay.

I have been selective lately depending on how long they’ve been a member, but I may just delete them across the board if under the 25 post min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
AndreasPassat, really make ya feel better? Sometimes it's good to just let it out. I'm actively seeking a wagon, so I understand. Found one in Chicago, just a bit far to fly then drive back to Utah.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
AndreasPassat, really make ya feel better? Sometimes it's good to just let it out. I'm actively seeking a wagon, so I understand. Found one in Chicago, just a bit far to fly then drive back to Utah.
Just annoys the hell out of me when people barrel in and say they got stuff to sell and it turns out to be a giant let down.
I get it, some people have attachment to things. I'm guilty of that myself, but the way I see it, if that's the case then don't advertise, then when a potential buyer comes along and calls their bluff, the person selling caves and retracts the offer.
At least be honest, that's all I ask. People do it here all the time. It's what they call a feeler. When a member states feeler in his/her post, well then I know what I'm up against.

·
Registered
26,803 Posts
As rare as it is to find one in good shape, it's worth a drive for one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You're not wrong. Now if I can just get my wife to agree on an 8k car half the country away.
But it's a wagon, and I wants it precious!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I already own a W8 sedan, I just really wanted a wagon. Problem was the only one close to me was a 6 speed and I needed an automatic.
I read that article, and especially the flow chart. 🤗 It was pretty amusing. I daily my Passat, but it's only like 13 mile round trip to the school.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
You're not wrong. Now if I can just get my wife to agree on an 8k car half the country away.
Oh you wanna talk about cross country...
I've got 2 cross country experiences that were utterly ridiculous to say the least.
And there's two that were handled between me and other members. Those went much smoother I must say.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts