Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
//////

Toyota topped the survey in six vehicle categories, while Volkswagen of America was named best corporation in the report, released Monday by Strategic Vision Inc.

Along with the best corporation win, Volkswagen won three segment honors:

Golf, small car;

New Beetle, small specialty coupe;

Passat, mid-sized car (tie with Nissan Maxima).

////////

Full article here

·
Registered
305 Posts
Re: VWOA named "best corporation" (Honda_to_VW)

how 'bout service?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Re: VWOA named "best corporation" (VW'ed)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>how 'bout service?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect that most here hold VW to a higher standard than the typical owner or consumer. ClubB5 folks are much more passionate and knowledgeable about their cars ... a lot of folks are simply happy to drive from point A to point B and aren't attuned to when their car makes an unusual noise or handles or performs differently. And, folks here will check on how well the service was performed (e.g. are the belly pans secured, is the oil level right, etc) while most folks will simply pick up their car and assume all is well.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Re: VWOA named "best corporation" (MN Snowman)

You got that right.

I know a lot of people (even engineer types) that take their car to the dealer religiously for anything and don't mind, don't care what the service people tell them and at any cost. They say that peace of mind is priceless.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Re: VWOA named "best corporation" (Honda_to_VW)

The article should've awarded it to VWAG...VWoA has no impact on build quality (which is what affects initial customer satisfaction ratings the most).

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Re: VWOA named "best corporation" (Electron Man)

As service goes, most people don't know jack about there car and they just hand over the cash and roll on their merry 'ol ways not even knowing they got screwed royally.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Re: VWOA named "best corporation" (glxpassat)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I suspect that most here hold VW to a higher standard than the typical owner or consumer. ClubB5 folks are much more passionate and knowledgeable about their cars ... a lot of folks are simply happy to drive from point A to point B and aren't attuned to when their car makes an unusual noise or handles or performs differently. And, folks here will check on how well the service was performed (e.g. are the belly pans secured, is the oil level right, etc) while most folks will simply pick up their car and assume all is well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true, my mom falls in that group. But even worse, I have a friend that has not once, in almost 70,000 miles of ownership of a Taurus, checked the brake fluid, coolant, air filter, fuel filter, transmission fluid or suspension. He has the oil changed at a "Jiffy Lube" and that is the extent of his car care. Then he wonders why his transmission went out 3 weeks ago.

On the other hand I go nuts when I hear one rattle that only happens once then goes away.....

Most people, I would say 95%, goes right along, pays the dealership or the repair shop, without a second thought. Trusting them all the way. Of my friends, I'm the only one that changes his own oil, brakes, fluids, and even cleans his own car.

1-I like doing that, 2-If you do not do the basic little things on your car, how are you to know when something is going wrong, maybe even before it becomes a major problem.....

As for the VWoA, I agree, that the award should goto VWAG in Germany.....VWoA has a long way to go before it gets a award......Although my past dealing has been a positive encounter.....for now.

<![CDATA[<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I suspect that most here hold VW to a higher standard than the typical owner or consumer. ClubB5 folks are much more passionate and knowledgeable about their cars ... a lot of folks are simply happy to drive from point A to point B and aren't attuned to when their car makes an unusual noise or handles or performs differently. And, folks here will check on how well the service was performed (e.g. are the belly pans secured, is the oil level right, etc) while most folks will simply pick up their car and assume all is well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true, my mom falls in that group. But even worse, I have a friend that has not once, in almost 70,000 miles of ownership of a Taurus, checked the brake fluid, coolant, air filter, fuel filter, transmission fluid or suspension. He has the oil changed at a "Jiffy Lube" and that is the extent of his car care. Then he wonders why his transmission went out 3 weeks ago.

On the other hand I go nuts when I hear one rattle that only happens once then goes away.....

Most people, I would say 95%, goes right along, pays the dealership or the repair shop, without a second thought. Trusting them all the way. Of my friends, I'm the only one that changes his own oil, brakes, fluids, and even cleans his own car.

1-I like doing that, 2-If you do not do the basic little things on your car, how are you to know when something is going wrong, maybe even before it becomes a major problem.....

As for the VWoA, I agree, that the award should goto VWAG in Germany.....VWoA has a long way to go before it gets a award......Although my past dealing has been a positive encounter.....for now.

[Modified by MeinPassat, 4:20 PM 7/17/2002]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts