Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new to the Passat World and was given an 03 passat by my parents for graduation and the first thing i want to do is edit/customise the front grill. What i wanted to do is remove the VW symbol on the front grill and a friend told me that you can do this by yourself, would it be easier to do so or just simply order a new custom grill? And if anyone knows how to do so can you let me know, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i had 4 grilles at one point.
1. Stock.
2. Stock with blacked out VW
3. Kamei
4. Evo

afaik you cannot take the emblem off. i dont have my passat anymore so i cant remember exactly what the grille is like, but you can buy some flat black paint and black it out. Do the rear emblem while you are at it! or you can buy a blacked out Fk grille. Either way, will look better than stock!

Mike

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I have a badgeless JOM for a B5.5 so find out if your car is B5.5 which I think it is and PM me and we'll talk. When you PM me tell me what city you're in and I can check shipping right away.

·
Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,625 Posts
just buy a badgeless grill. there not to expensive and they look really nice =O at east i think so :thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Take the grill off and flip it around... there are two peices of the logo and you'll see how they come off theres a plastic peice and the chrome logo. Here's how I painted mine after I took it apart (I left the logo chrome, painted the back peice red, and painted all the chrome strips black except the one on the bottom):

1 - 7 of 7 Posts